Finally got bike back but with problems

tattootim1

Ya I thought people had found cracks from an "x-ray" of the flywheel.Don't know what that process is called,....

Spotcheck is a chemical dye process. Cleaner, dye, developer. Not as good a x-ray testing, but it is field portable, and affordable. Any cracks that have propagated to surface show up quite well. You would need to pull the flywheel off, the cracking seems to always have started at the hub where it mounts to the crank. I was getting rid of the olive oil gasket sealer that was used on my transmission so while I had it off I decided to go ahead and check, last time I did was at about 5k miles.  

• 2 weeks later...

So just an update, Cliff Jefferies and his MyEcu are ledgends. Cliff helped me with comunications and some map modifications useing his Android Optimiser. Bike is running unreal. The shop that tried to tune it had things quite a bit stuffed up, so a TPS adjustment and takeing out the lash on the throttle body conecting rod etc had the bike running good but now running closed loop and fine tuning even better. For anyone thinking of doing the mods I have done, Mike Rich pistons, x10 cam, titanium push rods and the titanum blue spring kit and valves. A great investment. The bike is so smooth, no hickups or hesitation. Its not a 130hp Aprilia but I enjoy riding it more. :thumbsup: