Griso lowered foot pegs?

DeBenGuzzi

Anyone try these? Do they help the leg position much? I'm 6'2" and getting old (ill admit it) the knees are too hard on me after 30-45min, it's one of the main reasons I'm looking to sell her, just feel too tall, everything else is great, maybe there is no fixing a bike made for someone 5'8"

• Like 1

i've heard good things about knight designs lower pegs . i'm using buells now,

but you'll probably have to lower your shift & brake levers to compensate for the lower pegs.

and possibly extend the brake & shift ends 1/2" so you won't be pigeon toed when shifting & braking, as they're moved out about half inch..

i've done this on my V11, & it's pretty easy & works fine for me, don't know what it entails on a griso. it is for a griso, no? 

• 2 weeks later...

I broke my patella 6 months ago and was unable to get comfortable on my Griso so I have fitted the Knight design pegs  - first I went to the 1" lower version then wanted more room, so fitted the 2" versions. The 2" do require you to lower the brake and gear shift - especially the gearshift, it is not adjustable, as I found out the hard way. I then bought the adjustable shift and brake ends from Knight Design as well.

They are a great product, although now I find I grind quite hard especially on the left hand side - I have even had the "puckering" experience of the bike changing up a gear when the gearshift touched on a hard bump mid corner.

They do make the Griso much more a Touring option for those who are compromised in very long legs or don't enjoy the high cramped standard position - but it does come with a drawback if you still enjoy "getting up" the bike in corners.

My knee has improved so I may be re-fitting  the 1" lower versions again.

I will post photos of the 2" pegs once I get home tonight.

I find that, now that I am older, actually stretching (doing some deep knee bends, etc) before I get on goes a long way towards keeping my bad knees happy. And it doesn't cost me ground clearance and safety.