wasp in the helmet

been a few years, but i was nailed again yesterday. warm day, visor up a notch or two.

by the time i got stopped the little blighter had stung me 2 or 3 times, it was still flying when it exited the helmet, noticed it was a yellow jacket.  fortunately just lots of swelling & itching.......

I think there are different species in the US and in Europe, but have no idea which is worse. It's usually North America that has the more evil version (spiders, snakes, scorpions etc), but I'm not being competitive about this: I'll be happy to know I'm living somewhere benign.

Leave that competition to the Aussies: they'll be sure to have a wasp that'll turn your brain inside out with pain.

• 3 weeks later...

I had some type of big ass bee slam into my neck this spring and I don't know if it stung my like 6 times going across my neck or it kind of splatted and I had just enough razor burn to be like I got stung 5-6 times but it really sucked, I was thinking what Jaap was thinking except an open air jeep willy with an updated engine in it.