NYC/NJ/PA/NE riders,Catskills/Harriman Sat or Sun Sept 28-29

mznyc

My first weekend off since spring and figured I would propose a ride in the Mid-Hudson Valley for a day get together.Our brothers to the south put us to shame every year being able to pull off the South'n Spine with great success.Time for us to show that we actually ride these things.

Meet in the morning ,have lunch and split up around 4pm.Would give those within a 1-3 hr radius to get home by dark,change our Depends and sit in front of the tele for a fresh episode of Lawrence Welk.

Details and which day will be open to weather and interest.If we could finally pull this off ,would be a good rehearsal for a fall foliage gathering.

SSCN0096.JPG

Our brothers to the south put us to shame every year being able to pull off the South'n Spine with great success.T

That's quite a compliment! :notworthy:

Although we've ridden into North Carolina almost every year and no V11 from there has ever joined us . . . :huh2:

Best of luck making a regular thing people can look forward to. It really is too cool to get a bunch of these bikes together. The sounds alone are fantastic!

Thanks Docc,I hope I can guilt to lazy sods into not lettin no backwoods Rebs to kick our sorry butts.

Ive tried to propose it for years and got various responses ,some years good and some years none.We got clouded out a couple years ago.A shame as the Hudson Valley is one of the most beautiful places on earth,especially in the fall.National Geographic listed it as one of the places to see in 2013.I think we take it for granted because of it's proximity.

Forecast looks to be in the mid-70's and sunny.

Met a rider yesterday who owns this restaurant and is the chef so would be a good option for lunch,http://www.barnstormerbbq.com/

I can also find cheap accommodations or put a few guys up if they wanted to come in the night before,....