Sometimes . . .

Rode to work Sunday. 40 mile round trip. On the way there; started first touch of the button, nice and smooth, responsive, was a good Guzzi and made me smile. On the way back; stalled twice when cold, rough as old boots, lumpy. Banged it open at a set of lights (in temper) and it took off like a scalded cat, back to being a good Guzzi. Guess I have an appointment with the fueling system or maybe the electrics. Another weekend looms with spanners in hand and no riding.

Having trouble keeping the faith right now . . . I used to have bikes that worked well all of the time and were only off-road when I crashed the damn things. :angry2:

A tune up is well overdue to be honest. I will book it in for the weekend (I don't have all the kit or time to do a proper job myself)  I need a new set of tyres as well so time to spend some money on the old girl. She had better come back from therapy in a better mood or we will be saying goodbye. Life is too short.

My V11's liking this weather in the UK at the moment. Not too hot, highish humidity, misty mornings. It's running smooth.... especially in the misty mornings. But only once well warmed up.

The weather might be the factor here Grae.

Yeah it did cross my mind. Weather in the morning was significantly different to the afternoon. I was also tired from work and my precision motorcycling skills had largely deserted me - you know the scene; rubbish gear changes, poor lines round corners, wrong gear, braking all wrong. Seems that once the V11 is hot and bothered by my poor input it gets the hump for the rest of the trip. We both need a service ! Other bikes are more forgiving. 

hope my V11 starts next time. for the last month I've been riding this every free moment.

IMG_2031_zps48d56201.jpg

my dad had one just like this with every damn option, I can't really say what it was but I didn't really like it, maybe I had such high hopes for it that it couldn't live up to my expectations. I did like the idle at lights and the exhaust note in general but overall I wasn't in love with her. I like my DD750 a lot more and so did my dad he sold the buell and while trying to find a DD he got a Tuono. Italians are contagious! 

Ben, I put a low ball offer on a DD before landing this buy.. pretty glad I didn't get it, CHAIN AND ALL. this B is 90 RWhp with a tight belt, next best thing to a DShaft.

Plus I got full HD service contract ($50. deductible/unlimited miles)  until July 30 2016 !

But,

I imagine the corner exit torq is even greater on a Tuono, what fun! I'd trade it for the V4 in a minute if it had the upright relaxed riding position. I must say the Buell has the same effect as Guzzi.. makes you want to add a second.. I hear EBR will show some street bikes in mid Oct.

Ben, I put a low ball offer on a DD before landing this buy.. pretty glad I didn't get it, CHAIN AND ALL. this B is 90 RWhp with a tight belt, next best thing to a DShaft.

Plus I got full HD service contract ($50. deductible/unlimited miles)  until July 30 2016 !

But,

I imagine the corner exit torq is even greater on a Tuono, what fun! I'd trade it for the V4 in a minute if it had the upright relaxed riding position. I must say the Buell has the same effect as Guzzi.. makes you want to add a second.. I hear EBR will show some street bikes in mid Oct.

problem is that a lot of HD shops don't want to touch the buells anymore so if you have a good shop cool but almost like the same boat as the guzzi. I didn't hate them, in fact I liked it but I feel it would just be under utilized around here, if I lived in the north woods or west coast I'd get more enjoyment as such I love my pavement princess DD, have you ridden one? we should go on a ride and swap for a distance :)