PCIII for V11 Sport 2000 substituted?

AndyH

It's probably too rich. Nonetheless the WM15 is very well tuned for starting and warm up, at least in my opininion. I wouldn't change anything in this region. It's just too easy to mess things up there.

I must admit, though, that I don't warm up my bike. I start it, then ride it. So I couldn't say whether it runs rough or not, it just does its job.

The My15M, my regular ecu, enriches only up to 50°C. In the morning, at about 15°C, it takes 10 or 15km to reach the 50°C. You'd never have the choke pulled in for that long distance on any carburetor vehicle, would you? Actually, below 10°C, it hardly reaches the 50°C at all.

In your map you should find -10.2% for 55° and 65°C oil temperature. Just paste this value to the other cells above that (the scale goes up to 125°C/-19% ^^) and things should be ok and a suitable basis for the dyno runs. That would be my approach, at least.

Hubert

You have GuzziDiag I think, don't you? With GuzziDiag you can adjust the warmup line so that you have one constant value for everything above 50°C head/oil temperature. That's basically a good idea for every early KR map, PCIII aided or not.

Hubert

I didn't know that could be done with Guzzidiag. How is that done exactly? 

Ken

Sorry, my fault. Just follow Paul's link on top of this page. You have GuzziDiag already? Then you probably have a proper cable. Next is downloading the additional tools GuzziReader, -Writer and also TunerPro. Next step of course will be to become comfortable with TunerPro and the bunch of maps found in a WM15. 

A PCIII will deliver quicker results, especially if you can go to a dyno with it. Spark changes are a different thing.

Hubert

Sorry, my fault. Just follow Paul's link on top of this page. You have GuzziDiag already? Then you probably have a proper cable. Next is downloading the additional tools GuzziReader, -Writer and also TunerPro. Next step of course will be to become comfortable with TunerPro and the bunch of maps found in a WM15. 

A PCIII will deliver quicker results, especially if you can go to a dyno with it. Spark changes are a different thing.

Hubert

The dyno man told me that the PCIII overlays a revision on the standard map and that includes the warmup map, so he said I'd have to go into the ECU map if I can to revise the warmup as PCIII won't do the warmup separately.

While it's on the dyno I may ask him to obtain readings off the bike when stone cold as well as warm to find out what needs adjusting on the warmup map because the damned thing really won't idle (even fast idle) for the first 5 mins and I need both hands to get my helmet and gloves on!

The PCIII is nice because it adjusts fuel at 250K intervals, whilst the ECU has different intervals-it's easier to make the fuel flow more consistent. 

I've been using Guzzidiag and Tunerpro a little bit, mostly just adjusting spark advance to eliminate pinging. I'd like to change the temp cutoff for the warmup map, and I'm told you can also change the fueling based on engine temps (my bike gets leaner as the engine gets really hot). I've been poking around looking thru Tunerpro, but have found out how to change those settings yet.

Ken

Going from open to closed loop has been discussed here . It is a matter of accumulated engine (e.g.3k r.p.m for 6 min.) revolutions. It is not a matter of engine temp., air temp., etc.

I don't know if you can adjust the total r.p.m.s going from open to closed loop.  

Any suggestions ?

I like Power Commanders, but they should not be used as a replacement for proper set up.

Unless your bike is substantially modified from stock it should run correctly or damn near it. You may have an issue with the bike, a bad temp sensor or mis-adjustment of the TPS/TB's/valves.

I would get the bike running right first and then install the PC and have it mapped.