Boy this looks like a Griso,...

mznyc

See BMW are recalling 11,000 bikes

It's 51,000 Mac and I believe that has nothing to do with the R90.Unless your talking about another recall.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/07/automobiles/bmw-is-recalling-51000-motorcycles-for-fuel-leak.html?_r=0

How many single plate Guzzis were covered under warranty? :glare: I'm not particularly a BMW fan,I like them,but don't get all warm and fuzzy as they are too "functional" for me,but overall they are well made bikes that will last a lifetime if well cared for.

I think this recall is for the plastic fuel line connectors.

They should recall the wheel bearings in the rear axle. I am not sore if the wheel bearing w/more balls is actually going to fix this problem or not ? 

See BMW are recalling 11,000 bikes

It's 51,000 Mac and I believe that has nothing to do with the R90.Unless your talking about another recall.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/07/automobiles/bmw-is-recalling-51000-motorcycles-for-fuel-leak.html?_r=0

How many single plate Guzzis were covered under warranty? :glare: I'm not particularly a BMW fan,I like them,but don't get all warm and fuzzy as they are too "functional" for me,but overall they are well made bikes that will last a lifetime if well cared for.

I've heard plenty of reports of quick rot wiring harnesses on Bee-Ems and a few other bizarre electrical quirks (self starting in a locked garage for one!!!) Not good for lifetime ownership and clearly not the typically 'German' reliability you'd expect.

I think this recall is for the plastic fuel line connectors.

They should recall the wheel bearings in the rear axle. I am not sore if the wheel bearing w/more balls is actually going to fix this problem or not ?

Early CARC bevel boxes had an issue with bad bearings, these were replaced with a bearing from a reputable manufacturer but the new ones also have two more balls. No more problems.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Cant help but notice the spec on this new BMW is so close to the V11.... 

http://www.bmw-information.com/dg/wn/dld/bmwm/a2973442/digi-pdf1.pdf

Weight/length/seat height are all within a gnats @#$$#!, although the 90bhp Guzzi is well down on power vs the BMW's 110 bhp. Same size wheels. Engine hanging out the sides!

Apparently demand in the UK is massive, I wonder if the V11 was released 10 years ahead of its time  :mg:

Clever, those Bavarians! "R-nine-T" ^_^

I'd like to hook a ride on one and get the feel. Biggest difference in specification is the 12:1 compression. Should make the boxer really *pop*, but well see. I really wanted to like the R1100S, but couldn't wait to get back on the Sport.

Maybe this Bavarian is different . . .

Clever, those Bavarians! "R-nine-T" ^_^

I'd like to hook a ride on one and get the feel. Biggest difference in specification is the 12:1 compression. Should make the boxer really *pop*, but well see. I really wanted to like the R1100S, but couldn't wait to get back on the Sport.

Maybe this Bavarian is different .

I had the same experience with an R1100s. Before I bought my V11, I couldn't explain why... real torquey, seemed to handle well, wasn't crazy about the look. I just didn't connect with it. I've heard somebody somewhere describe these bikes as "organic" which makes no sense but is absolutely true.

I first saw an 00' V11 sport at a guzzi dealer in 00' and I had to ride a few bikes  before I got my hands on one (Lemans actually) but it's too right too be wrong. :)

Didn't mean to threadjack, I'm sure the new BMW is awesome but my/our bike is better.

I sat on this bike and it was quite comfy, looked nice, weighed almost nothing, literally felt light as a feather, what wasn't so light? the PRICE almost 16K american, jesus! no thanks. I want so many other bikes for that much or less its not worth it.