Bell Housing Leak

docc

Sweet! Eight leak sources in there: the two lower bolts. two flat gaskets, three shaft seals and the cam bung (I learned that term from a guy from "Bungendore", so I know it's for real! :grin: ).

This is the best effort I could hope for. Thanks mightily to :notworthy: Andy York, Josh, and Goofman! (who all came over personally, but also to all the contributors making possible this basic tutorial on the leak sources in this area of the V11 Guzzi! :thumbsup: )

IMG_2704.JPG

• 2 years later...
On 8/2/2017 at 6:16 PM, docc said:

Sweet! Eight leak sources in there: the two lower bolts. two flat gaskets, three shaft seals and the cam bung.

This is the best effort I could hope for. Thanks mightily to :notworthy: Andy York, Josh, and Goofman! (who all came over personally, but also to all the contributors making possible this basic tutorial on the leak sources in this area of the V11 Guzzi! :thumbsup: )

IMG_2704.JPG

Over two years and ten thousand miles, this effort remains one of the best things I have ever done for my Sport. Thanks, again, to all that made it possible!

:thumbsup:

On a little routine check-over I saw the vulnerable crankcase vent hose under the frame resting on, and abrading from, the oil supply lines for the heads at the front top of the engine block in the "V". A carefully placed Zip-tie and no hole will ever work through there . . .

IMG_0266.jpg

One of several updates to the Tank Off Maintenance Checklist . . .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1