2003 V11 Sport Naked - serial number one?

chamberlin

Exactly. That's what I meant. Anyway, if yours' are vented, then what was I talking about? I'm quite sure the golden ones I once had where Rizomas, too, but unvented. That's why I sold them. They were cheaply made (not sold), just a flat pot, no further internal structure, but with a nice yellow golden finish. IIrc mine came without plastic inserts. It's good that yours' are working.

Hubert

Bummer that yours didn't work out. I wonder if you received Chinese imitations without knowing it. Chamberlin mentioned that he knew his were Chinese; they looked the same as some on Rizoma's website - even had the Rizoma logo (see post 137 of this topic).

His bike is drop-dead gorgeous and I thought a pair of these smaller ones would be a nice touch - especially next to the Rizoma mirrors, which I assume have the same finish.

Oh - and I want a pipe coating close to that color on my bike.

Chamberlin - I just found this thread. OMG  :notworthy:

IMO - with all the work you've done, this bike DESERVES some authentic Rizoma tanks and brackets.  I got the same size tanks for brake and clutch - really like the symmetry. Also like that both tanks are perfectly level when the bike is level.  Spendy?  Yeah, but they're quality - and they're right in my face. Black ones would be nice...  :ninja:

Post another pic when you get the CF chin spoiler on?

Also - where did you have the pipes coated? Do you remember the name of the color?

Hahaha, I should have never even tried the Chinese knock-offs, there's no question....bad move indeed. But after that, I just ponied up the cash for OEM vessels, and the peace of mind that goes with them. I do have traditional (and identical) black Rizomas going on the Tuono restoration BTW.

I definitely will be doing a non-cell phone photo shoot once the chin spoiler arrives!

Here is the link to the coater that did the Quat-D: http://www.performancecoatings.com/index2.html I believe the color was just the Satin Grey.

Cor!  That's a well-kept bike!  What's with the sexy hugger?  Is it aftermarket or did you cut down the OE?

Stew.

p.s.  Fugly mirrors man!  hee hee! :D :D

Hey Stew, I'm still on the fence about the mirrors myself! :huh2: . Just wanted to try something different than my usual Aprilia OEM mirrors I use on everything. I just bought back my Tuono, and the previous owner still had them in the box of goodies I gave him, so I figured what the heck. I do think that they looked pretty damn good on the Tuono way back when: Pic from 2008'ish before I bought the bike the first time round!

IMG_0761_zps808993b4.jpg

IMG_0763_zpse9de55fc.jpg

IMG_0776_zpsdf3c9e7e.jpg

The rear hugger is the CF piece that Teo Lamers was producing in the Netherlands. I don't know if they still have them made or not. The OEM hugger is just PA6 plastic.

2014-07-05111426_zps8294bc50.jpg

2014-07-05110914_zps0a512deb.jpg

I'm impressed the rear hugger is PA6. I took it for a simple polyethylene.

I wish some enthusiastic board member would pick up on producing the EdgeGuards - I love mine!

You might be right Docc - PE would be the obvious choice for this application (or ABS)...mine are buried on the shelf otherwise I'd go look! I have a spare if anybody wants to buy it for experimentation - edge-guards are neat indeed.

BTW, here is a new hugger for sale!  http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTO-GUZZI-INNER-REAR-FENDER-MOTO-GUZZI-V11S-/201254710156   For that price, you mind as well go carbon!

Where did you have the pipes coated? Do you remember the name of the color?

Here is the link to the coater that did the Quat-D: http://www.performancecoatings.com/index2.html I believe the color was just the Satin Grey.

Thanks - I've been working with a very helpful guy at Jet-Hot. They have over-choice on colors and two samples are already on the way (2059 Champagne Gold and 2057 Titanium).

I wish some enthusiastic board member would pick up on producing the EdgeGuards - I love mine!

You might be right Docc - PE would be the obvious choice for this application (or ABS)...mine are buried on the shelf otherwise I'd go look! I have a spare if anybody wants to buy it for experimentation - edge-guards are neat indeed.

BTW, here is a new hugger for sale!  http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTO-GUZZI-INNER-REAR-FENDER-MOTO-GUZZI-V11S-/201254710156   For that price, you mind as well go carbon!

It appears to be polypropylene:

Screen Shot 2015-01-08 at 10.44.54 AM.png

Where did you have the pipes coated? Do you remember the name of the color?

Thanks - I've been working with a very helpful guy at Jet-Hot. They have over-choice on colors and two samples are already on the way (2059 Champagne Gold and 2057 Titanium).

OK cool - I think if I had the Quat-D done myself, I would have done a different color. The guy I bought it from had it done in the grey but he never installed the exhaust. It works for my bike's color scheme, but I still would have either done black or something a little more flashy.

It appears to be polypropylene:

Ahh yes of course, one of the most popular thermoplastics there is! Should have figured.

I thought it scratched easier than polyamide, but more rigid than polyethylene.

I was thinking plastics were complicated til I tried to figure out alloyed metallurgy. :wacko::blink:

I was thinking plastics were complicated til I tried to figure out alloyed metallurgy. :wacko::blink:

I hope to have a beer with you guys one day! Imagine the conversations. Ride, drink, bullshit the night away (in that order!).

I hope to have a beer with you guys one day! Imagine the conversations. Ride, drink, bullshit the night away (in that order!).

Eleventh South'n Spine Raid

Ya'll come now, ya hear? :race::grin:  :drink: 

Oh I hope I can make one of these trips somehow Docc!

Well, I *think* the last piece for this project has arrived! Bruno came through with a beautifully finished lower carbon fiber chin. What custom V11 build would be complete without at least one Ghezzi-Brian part! I hope to get it installed this weekend!

2015-01-12195528_zps8ce39310.jpg

2015-01-12195435_zps6e9c1a93.jpg