2003 V11 Sport Naked - serial number one?

chamberlin

That is an awful, ugly mess. Mine was in the tool tray behind the battery. I pulled out twenty feet (I kid you not) of 1/2 fuel line. The mess weighed five pounds.

Won't the ugly part unbolt and leave the U-shaped hanger?

Yes you are 100% correct Docc, you can unbolt the rest of the garbage from the U-bracket...and I would have been done with it! But at the time, I didn't think about the crossover support aspect of 'the mess' and foolishly made it a mission to eradicate everything! :homer:

Yea, I forget to mention all of the tubing/hose spaghetti you can delete from the system as well. Thanks for the red frame photo goodness! Love the rope light accent too! :thumbsup:

i know the fast by ferracci crossover doesn't utilize the  mount. i purchased one way back when, never installed it.

still in the box FBF sent it in, somewhere in the shop, complete with the clamps.

probably be for sale if i ever see it again.

cheers, steve.

Any idea what you'd sell it for Steve? Might not make too much sense to use with OEM mufflers, but it is also interesting that FBF didn't utilize the hanger but the Mistral does (per AndyH).

I can see now why you'd want to lose it. All the road crap, salt and other undesirable mess accumulates down there anyway. Thx for the education. We've been spared that over this side of the pond.

When I tried to disassemble the bolt through that bracket into the rubber bush, it just sheared off as it had corroded badly and I had to source and replace with stainless.

i know the fast by ferracci crossover doesn't utilize the  mount. i purchased one way back when, never installed it.

still in the box FBF sent it in, somewhere in the shop, complete with the clamps.

cheers, steve.

Any idea what you'd sell it for Steve? Might not make too much sense to use with OEM mufflers, but it is also interesting that FBF didn't utilize the hanger but the Mistral does (per AndyH).

i have $130 in it, so that plus shipping if that doesn't sound like too much. PM me if you're interested, i'll send you some pics when the dust settles today.

i have mistrals & a power commander on my '02 & it runs so good as is (knock wood) that i never installed it.

and andy, you're not alone, salt, chemicals wet grit all over my roads (and bike) after yesterdays ride.

cheers, steve

cheers, steve.

i have $130 in it, so that plus shipping if that doesn't sound like too much. PM me if you're interested, i'll send you some pics when the dust settles today.

i have mistrals & a power commander on my '02 & it runs so good as is (knock wood) that i never installed it.

and andy, you're not alone, salt, chemicals wet grit all over my roads (and bike) after yesterdays ride.

cheers, steve

I'll PM you my email for some pics Steve!

New bushes for the torque-arm bar came today... probably got a little over my head on this one. My original bushings were looking tattered, so I figured I'd replace them per the Powerflex suggestion of another member here (rossoandy).

Turns out that I probably should have left well enough alone. The rubbers were tattered, but there really wasn't much slop in the bar (not that I could tell anyway).

Pretty frustrating experience so far... The rear bolt came off like nothing, but the front bolt was seized up so bad, I eventually broke it (yea that was a LOT of torque to snap a 10.9 bolt). Then, one bushing pressed out very easily, and the other would not budge! But I finally got it out....after about an hour. 

The Powerflex bushes comes with some spacer rod stock, but it's center hole is too small for the OEM bolts. I do want to maintain the original bolt specs, so I will be searching out some suitable spacer stock (and a new 10.9 bolt!).

Of course, I will have to cut the hats off the bushes too.

Part Number: POWER-PF99-103 (100 Series Top Hat Bush)

BTW, I always thought this bar was a steel stamping, but it is actually a solid Aluminium piece.

Pics:

2013-12-28140733_zpsf974c15c.jpg

2013-12-28144338_zps28758f79.jpg

2013-12-28151800_zps5e3bf9d3.jpg

• Like 1

Got a replacement starter/kill switch from eBay Germany yesterday, but unfortunately the seller only showed the 'good sides' in his photos, and said nothing of the scratches on the red button and housing. The wires had radio-shack crimp connectors, and the kill button did not return on every press. So, for $130, this switch is going back to Deutschland. Ordering a new Domino switch from Guzibits....shoulda just got them all from Guy to begin with [so what if I have to do some custom wire splicing].  I'm starting to get the feeling that the 'used spares online marketplace' in Europe (i.e. Netherlands, France, Italy, U.K., Germany) is just the same as the USA. It seems that eBayers over there only provide a small group of low-res photos, very minimal descriptions, and purposely do not point out the flaws or state anything that would deter you from buying the item. I've started to ask for more photos and descriptions now, before committing to a purchase. For the prices they are asking, and the insane shipping costs, you can't afford not to.

On a happier note, I just placed the order for the custom Speedhut gauges. I hope they come out as good as they appear on the website:

SpeedhutGPSSpeedo_zpsc2db0a3b.jpg

SpeedhutTach_zpseca400ff.jpg

• Like 1

My machinist used the original spacer stock, and made me some very nice pieces! Cut to 31.7mm O.A.L., drill out to 10mm, and bevel. Just need to cut down the bushings now, and re-install. New replacement 10.9 bolt and nut also shown. ACE hardware to the rescue (for once).

2014-01-02175217_zps258a8a9a.jpg

Picked up some bronze anodized bar ends from China. I hope they go well with the Cafe/Coppa valve covers!

2014-01-02175259_zps08b91300.jpg

The bronze bar-ends and the purple bushings kind of match. In an upbeat kind of party way. Like a tasteful bow-tie and alligator dance shoes. B)

(Don't hurt me, Joe! I'm just kidding!) ;)

This is one of the coolest V11 we have ever seen worked up! :thumbsup:

Haha docc, you're right about the clash of colors! Maybe if I end up getting that purple HyperPro rear shock, it will help with the bushings!

Got some real bad news today, Moto International called and said regardless of their website inventory, they don't have any more Coppa Italia tanks!!!  BUGGERS! To add insult to injury, they're supposed to ship me two bronze Cafe/Coppa valve covers, but they only have 1! Arrgg x2 :bbblll:   They said they are going to look around for another tank for me, but it's looking like I am going to end up having my tank painted.

Fast By Ferracci cross-over arrived, and is now installed. Thanks Steve! Nice, clean look, and lighter than stock. Decided to install the carbon fiber mufflers too, mostly for fitment testing. Everything's nice and tight, no slop, and I do not believe there is any extra stress on the headers.

Pics for today:

2014-01-04131731_zps99f7347e.jpg

2014-01-04132025_zps693473bf.jpg
2014-01-04131850_zps61ba50d4.jpg
2014-01-04131800_zps1129cebb.jpg

Torque arm all painted and re-bushed.
2014-01-04120817_zpse55f2abc.jpg

2014-01-04131928_zpsebd1efe7.jpg

Thanks again guys! Yes, I also like the look of the V11 without the seat and tank! It's going to take some getting used to, if I ever get this damn bike back together - I've got more 'seat' time with the bare chassis than I do with the real seat and tank installed. I only rode the bike around the block once before I stripped it down. But that was enough to fall in love with the V11.

More parts...

Spare blank key

Coppa Italia rocker box cover

Unpainted rocker box cover (was supposed to be another Coppa, but this is all they had....mind as well have just repainted my grey covers at this point)

Coppa/Cafe black protectors

Extra new OEM Coppa/Cafe seat (great deal & doesn't hurt to have a spare)

Trying some other avenues for a Coppa tank, we'll see what happens. If not, I'm thinking about a repaint of my tank to match the copper Coppa valve covers (and paint the tail pieces too).

2014-01-11195437_zps99f0fb25.jpg

2014-01-11195500_zps772adb0a.jpg