2003 V11 Sport Naked - serial number one?

chamberlin

I'm watching this with great interest ... my V11 LeMans has been with me for getting on 5 years and could do with a nice refresh.  Bronze sounds very steam-punk (and that's a good thing ... )

Thanks for your interest cola (my fellow Scotsman)! It's hard to spend the money and time on projects like this without the support from you guys. True, I am trying to build a bike of my own, to enjoy for myself, but I equally enjoy hobbies that can be shared with like-minded enthusiasts.

2 steps closer to a repaint (bronze!) today.  Both Harper's and AF1 Racing called today to let me know that they can't get me a Coppa tank either... I guess those tanks were available for a short while, but none of the parts distributors have taken them off their websites after they dried up.

Gauges arrived! Really happy with SpeedHut's service level. Great company to work with. Hope the gauges work as planned, and it seems pretty straight forward. New ignition switch arrived from Italy as well. Also purchased some tank decals in preparation for repainting. The top decal (the one that replaced the tank pad on the '99-'02 bikes) does not appear to be available :(. Also ordered a new aluminium gauge cluster bracket, and choke lever assembly. I'm gonna have to repaint the plastic "T" housing for the dash lights, as that part alone is almost $150. I am planning on wiring up the original lights, but also running the SpeedHut status lights in parallel (L, R, hi-beam).

2014-01-18100759_zps0d98f082.jpg
IMAG1047_zpsljfefyq_edit_1390023277382_z
IMAG1046_zpsunbxyjg_edit_1390023082281_z
IMAG1043_zpst5up8hb_edit_1390022543413_z

• Like 1

Thanks gents! I will be sure to give a full report on the GPS speed once up and running. I may install a switch for the hot start, so that I can flip it while prepping to ride and by the time I'm moving, the satellites will be captured. There's probably no way I'll ride this bike enough to leave the hot start 'hot wired', even at 25 microamp draw it would just seem pointless on a smaller motorcycle battery.

• 2 weeks later...

Been searching out motorcycle painters in my area, and putting a lot of thought into a color scheme. I'd like to have a color that isn't far off from what you might see in the 2003 catalog, and one that I might be able to fit into a fictional Guzzi theme.

Today, I happened by a Lexus IS 250 in Fire Agate Pearl. My search is over. Subtle, classy, understated, but fits the bronze/cafe color that I was looking for. So the theme then? Coppa Cafe? (haha cup of coffe, get it? hmmm, no.), Coppa Bronzo? (not something to really be proud of winning right?), Cafe' Scura? (no cream please), hmmm maybe screw the theme idea. But the painters I am looking at are more than capable of scrolling a suitable phrase on the tail piece a la many V11 special editions. Anyways, I am pretty set on this color, and it is suiting as well, because the Fire Agate gemstone is only found in the area of the desert southwest...i.e. here.

This is what it looks like... below, is by far the best photo of it I found on the internet; it's a very hard color to capture by camera:

fire-agate-pearl-lexus-gs-350-on-vossen-

Coppa Café . . . . :lol:  :D  :D  - I like it!

Great color. Reminds me of the "black" on the early 1100Sport-i which is really more bronze with a complex metal flake - also almost impossible to photograph.