I still drop by from time to time. I dont get much time on the net nowadays.

For me, it's a bittersweet experience, contrary to Pete's perspective, my experience has been the polar opposite of his.

My V11, my favourite bike of all those I have owned, languishes in a shed somewhere in Dublin, I haven't seen her for 4 years now and really miss her. With the Mistral cans, PC111, Stucchi crossover and drilled airbox, she ran beautifully and I was happiest when out tooling around on her. Riding from Ireland to Scotland every fortnight to see the kids was never a chore.

The Griso 8V I purchased this year has been a disappointing experience, between the low rpm surging, the banging transmission and the terrible vibration I dont go out much on it. Not impressed with it at all.

• Like 1

Greg Field,Gary Cheek,Carl Allison,Dlaing,Belfastguzzi,Ratchethack( I miss his wit and knowledge,and yes it's not necessary to note you don't,we've heard it many times),Dan,Docc,Ryland,Jaap,Pete Roper,Mike Wilson and many others ,all were here when I showed up in 2006 and been very supportive and helpful.

To the next generation,... :bier:

Agreed.  I would add Ouiji Veck to that list too.  He was an entertaining character and seemed like a great guy.  I wish I got to meet him before he headed off to Hawaii.

Speaking of great guys, haven't seen much of JRT around here since he got that big Duc...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of getting a 2014 Ural T, (who needs the 2wd anyway?) or an Indian Chief. what does it say I look to this board about a motorcycle I owned for 6 years, 6 years ago, and I come here first and foremost for advice and abuse. I miss all those people mentioned. I had it out with ratchet myself a few times, he called me a racist, it went downhill from there, ah the good ole days. 

More to your question, D'ben: I rode the Indian and the motor was "interesting" but I kept hitting the rev limiter. Sitting position is Barc-a-lounger. It was happiest lumping through the parking lot in 6th (!) gear at idle.

The Ural are too cool. I thought recalling callison had (has?) one. They couldn't possibly be harder to maintain (or draw wiring diagrams for!) than a Guzzi  .  .  . right? . . .

Greg Field,Gary Cheek,Carl Allison,Dlaing,Belfastguzzi,Ratchethack( I miss his wit and knowledge,and yes it's not necessary to note you don't,we've heard it many times),Dan,Docc,Ryland,Jaap,Pete Roper,Mike Wilson and many others ,all were here when I showed up in 2006 and been very supportive and helpful.

To the next generation,... :bier:

Agreed.  I would add Ouiji Veck to that list too.  He was an entertaining character and seemed like a great guy.  I wish I got to meet him before he headed off to Hawaii.

Speaking of great guys, haven't seen much of JRT around here since he got that big Duc...

Yup Ouiji was a card,he was back here about a year or two ago. I emailed JRT last year when I bought a ST4S as he owned one and was asking advice.Seems to be doing great in St.Louis,loving his Multi.Think he stills has his Guzzi.

I'm thinking of getting a 2014 Ural T, (who needs the 2wd anyway?) or an Indian Chief. what does it say I look to this board about a motorcycle I owned for 6 years, 6 years ago, and I come here first and foremost for advice and abuse. I miss all those people mentioned. I had it out with ratchet myself a few times, he called me a racist, it went downhill from there, ah the good ole days. 

i was in south sound BMW (tacoma wa.) yesterday & they also sell ural. they had 3 that were all over $14,000, but hey, they all had sidecars. i didn't look to see if the hack had a driven wheel. would be just the ticket in the snow.  but i was watching lilyhammer the other night, seems the outlaw gang there rides in the snow.  every time i've ridden a 2 wheel M/C in the snow it seemed to end badly.

You need ice racer tyres for proper winter hooliganism. Well scary angles of lean and eye-watering if someone in the pack falls off... proper aeration of one's hide! I believe the Finns (who else?) are fond of it. Seen archive film of Urals/similar with driven sidecar wheels in the snow and it looks like it takes quite a bit of skill and loads of fun learning how to do it. Lots of waggling around especially when making a fast start until underway.

Riding from Ireland to Scotland every fortnight to see the kids was never a chore.

Did they finally finish that bridge across the Irish Sea? :grin:

Sorry the Griso hasn't worked out for ya. :bbblll:

• 2 weeks later...

D'ben: if you would give up that babe in your avatar that keeps crashing your Ferraris, you wouldn't be aging so much!

Send her over. I'll help you out here, buddy. :sun:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

California 1400 Ben, comfortable and sexy. What was the old Guzzi ad "long legged and easy to live with". Urals are urals and if you live in an undeveloped country and do need a water pump, make sense with 2wd. Here in N. America they canter along at 55mph getting almost 16mpg boiling tyres off like a funny car. If you want no nonsense then get a Triumph.

It is interesting though how a site goes through its development. The instant information and constant barrage of communication when just slightly reduced almost have a vacuum effect of uh.... where is everyone? Telling in its reflection of how we on this world live or have come to accept life. I prefer to recall the oddballs who were on custom rides, when repairs were done with inadequate tools following suspect instructions and mans cruelty to man was exceeded only by mans cruelty to machinery. Those bikers were only too glad to speak on a myriad of topics and didn't suffer when the conversation lapsed, just related to the break that was peace. They actually were independent.

Go to the garage, look at your scooter and think about it. Thanks Jaap and the rest of you for this place.

There's always something rotten in Denmark... think bacon

Speaking of former members ... I wonder what's rotten in Denmark? I see Tikkanen was lurking here this morning!

There's always something rotten in Denmark... think bacon

Smoked bacon, not rotten, thank you! ;-) 

I know, haven't been loyal and faithful to this pristine site thanks to too much work and what have you. Sorry! 

BFG is busy arranging all kinds of carnivals in the UK (true), hence his absence here. 

Scura time now, battery has been charged, sun is shining so time for first spin this year. Yeeehah! 

• Like 2