suspensions on V7 Stone

jihem

Dear all,

Happy new year all !

I got tired of my griso 8v: too heavy and too thirsty in town. Got a great deal for a part-swap part-cash on a brand new V7 stone and I must say the small bike is lovely: so light, a big bicycle really. It's a real pleasure and as I'm doing only town riding it's perfect for me. Before the power bug grabs me again ;)

The Stone is cool but has a big let down on one point: stock suspensions are crap. Has anyone an idea on good twin shocks suspensions with a great ratio quality/price ?

Thanx :)

2013-MotoGuzzi-V7Stone4.jpg

I put YSS shocks on my 2009 V7 Classic. While they're nice, I think I could have done equally as well with Hagon or Ikon shocks. After having the YSS for a few years now, I don't think they were the best shocks for the money. The one cool thing about them is that I can change riding height on them. They make different height "eyes" that thread onto the ends. Initially, I bought shocks that were 20mm shorter than stock to lower the bike, but I kept scraping the center stand on turns. I then ordered the longer eyes to raise the bike back up, and I'm much happier with the results.

Review here: http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=45157.0

Ken