V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

• 2 weeks later...

Docc-You need to buy that puppy!  Just imagine how that would look if you took the fairing off and installed in on your Sport. The color contrast between your silver tank and the green fairing would take everyones breath away!. 

Docc-You need to buy that puppy!  Just imagine how that would look if you took the fairing off and installed in on your Sport. The color contrast between your silver tank and the green fairing would take everyones breath away!. 

I gots me a can of zinc chromate and I ain't afraid to use it! :mg:

(Well . . .  a little afraid . . .  :unsure: )

You better be afraid.. it goes straight to your liver if you breath it.. :oldgit:

You better be afraid.. it goes straight to your liver if you breath it.. :oldgit:

Once again, makes me appreciate this Chuck-made/LuckyPhil shift extender . :notworthy:

• 1 month later...

Here is a nice looking Cafe Sport in the Los Angeles area that I noticed on CycleTrader this morning.  At that price it could be a good deal for someone, especially considering all the GuzziTech upgrades the current owner has on it.

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2004-Moto-Guzzi-SPORT-V11-120669366

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmmm. Setting aside the time-bomb self-grenading clutch, that ultra low milage is worrisome.....I prefer my used machines to be already somewhat fettled....there's a lot to do on this machine in addition to the clutch upgrade.

Add 1500-2000 not including the buyer's labor to bring it up to snuff...

That being said, I do really love the Tenni Lemans....but I must resist, I already have 2 temperamental Italians in the garage....

Hmmm. Setting aside the time-bomb self-grenading clutch, that ultra low milage is worrisome.....I prefer my used machines to be already somewhat fettled....there's a lot to do on this machine in addition to the clutch upgrade.

Add 1500-2000 not including the buyer's labor to bring it up to snuff...

That being said, I do really love the Tenni Lemans....but I must resist, I already have 2 temperamental Italians in the garage....

My Scura had less than 200 miles on it and has been trouble free for over 10,000 miles.  I admit that I have done a lot of work to it, but most of it was cosmetic and totally optional. The only "real" problems I had were two oil leaks, one at the timing cover and one in the transmission. I didn't even have to service the suspension till 10,000 miles. I did replace the flywheel/clutch - but I wouldn't hesitate to use the original flywheel/clutch for an oil change or two. And then we have the bubbling engine paint... and the same paint on the tranny.

Mine had been stored in someone's home as art. Sounds like this one was treated similarly. I think it would probably be a good rider.

• 2 weeks later...