V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

Does anyone know this bike?

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/d/moto-guzzi-scura/6623866744.html

I've been looking at V11s and I like the Scuras.

I'm pretty sure that bike belonged to Mike and was the subject of a recent purchase. Mike rode it to the San Diego rally from Arizona last year. There are pictures of the bike (including of me working on it) at this thread: 

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20028&hl=%2Blake+%2Bhenshaw

It was running poorly and had burped a throttle body boot - that's why a bunch of rubber got replaced. Otherwise, I recall it to be a very nice bike and Mike took good care of it. 

Yeah, that's my old Scura.  It got bumped out of the garage by my 1200 Sport.  It was in great shape when it left my place.  I saw it on Ebay a few days ago.  I wouldn't have any hesitation about buying it back.  It should make someone a nice bike.

Mike

Mike, is this your list then?

Suspension: rebuilt rear shock and retuned the forks when I replaced the fork seals.

Clutch: Replaced the stock clutch with a RAM single plate clutch. 

Tube Bars: replaced the clip ons with a fat bar.

Exhaust: Moto Guzzi Titanium race exhaust.

ECU: Retuned using an exhaust gas analyzer when the exhaust was changed.

Hoses and lines: Replaced any old hoses and lines. Removed the emissions canister etc.

Regulator: added a ground wire to the regulator

Body work: Had my detail shop clay bar all the old paint.

While the bodywork was off cleaned and detailed the frame, swingarm etc. Stripped the carbon parts and sprayed them with a UV resistant gloss finish. Carbon fiber belly pan, front and rear fender, tank and gauge inserts, footpeg mounts.

I have owned a few months and all word done by previous owner, a club member.

That's my old Scura.  I did swap out the cans.  I put the carbon cans on my LeMans because I prefer the sound.  Just a bit of history.  I bought it 6 or 7 years ago in Wisconsin.  A divorce I think, and the wife was selling it.  Before buying it I ran a VIN check and it was clean.  I found the previous owner and called him.  He said it was a good bike.  So I knew much of the history before buying.  I rode it back to Arizona from Wisc.  I spent 5 or 6 years polishing the jewel.  The list you posted is partial.  I pretty much went thru most of the bike.  I loved the bike and selling it was very, very hard for me.  But I never rode it the last 6 months.  So made the decision to pass it along for someone else to enjoy.  Hopefully to someone who will love it and take care of it.  Here's another pic or the right side of the bike.

Mike

IMG_1831%20(2)1024.jpg

>Mike, is this your list then?

Sorry, I misunderstood the question.  No it is not my listing.  I sold the bike to a guy in Georgia in May.  It's his listing.

Mike

Mike,

Thank you for the response. No you did not misunderstand my question. I was asking if the list of mods/improvements the current seller provided was actually what you provided to him. Thanks for confirming that. I guess the current owner can't get comfortable on the bike.

I am considering this bike, but not at a price over $5k.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

So I think I see why you posted a couple pics of the right side of the bike... :mellow:

I see some battle scars on the exhaust can and valve cover.

EDIT: I contacted the seller and asked if it had been down, and asked about the valve cover.

This is what he said:

"Not sure how the valve cover was rubbed but there is no evidence it has been down.   I just wanted to show the blemish."

Just wanted to share that. Maybe it happened in transport. If I get my Blackbird sold soon I might jump on it if it is still available.

Check this Nero Corsa out on Ebay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Moto-Guzzi-V11/132697349141?hash=item1ee560dc15:g:nfQAAOSwE-xbEFcI

Nero Corsas were originally sold without the typical fairing? Was the fairing some sort of optional dealer add on? The original owner is running the auction and says the bike was bought new without the fairing. Just curious how this worked initially.

No it's a FAKE that someone was trying to peddle in the California Bay Area.  Just put a couple of stickers on the bike and voila' a "Nero Corsa". 

Ugh.  What a bummer.  I've been communicating with the owner and he seemed nice enough. But now that I think about it, something didn't seem right with a couple responses I received.

Right, Nero Corsa were all fully faired. And Öhlins. And 2003-4 (none in 2002).

That looks to be a Franken-bike.