V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

• 5 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, docc said:

As in: the shift lever stays in the down position? Hmm, that might not be a broken "shift fork" . . . .

Well, what could it be?

6 minutes ago, swooshdave said:

Well, what could it be?

Imagine if it has a common broken shift pawl spring. That doesn't even require a gasket to change.

I mean, maybe the guy knows exactly what's broken, but he says he is no mechanic and no one there to work on it. I don't recall ever hearing of a V11 with a broken "shift fork."

Imagine if it has a common broken shift pawl spring. That doesn't even require a gasket to change.
I mean, maybe the guy knows exactly what's broken, but he says he is no mechanic and no one there to work on it. I don't recall ever hearing of a V11 with a broken "shift fork."

I didn’t think the earlier bikes were susceptible to the spring issue.

What was the factory recall for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The broken spring was not common on the early bikes, true. Hard to tell much from the poor pictures, but in the image in your post, it looks like the shifter is resting on the frame side plate . . .

Gearbox recall was for improperly heat treated "shift dogs" and replacement of the cush drive stack internal to the gearbox. The recall notice says the "sliding sleeves" may fracture, but I don't remember hearing of any wheel lock-ups (?). Mostly they just turned from a 6 speed with one neutral to a 6speed with six neutrals.

• Like 1

...and my prior Greenie is available from its current owner. This is a great bike with an Ohlins shock. I did a lot of work while I had it, including resealing the gearbox and installing the supplemental transmission brace.

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/d/murrieta-2001-moto-guzzi-v11-sport/6892875711.html

00909_fUUxwg0s5z7_600x450.jpg

9 minutes ago, Scud said:

Here's a red/grey 2002 LeMans with 18,000 miles with a $2,800 asking price. It's within 45 minutes of my house. 

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/mcy/d/ramona-moto-guzzi/6919262532.html

Oh, dang. I thought I got a great deal on my Greenie at $3600. Looks like they haven’t bottomed out on price yet.

Killing me. That would be an easy buy and ride. I have friends there to stay with. And that’s definitely on my list.

But... with one V11 Sport in the garage I don’t think I can have another one right now.

As much as I want a Lemans.

19 minutes ago, Scud said:

Here's a red/grey 2002 LeMans with 18,000 miles with a $2,800 asking price. It's within 45 minutes of my house. 

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/mcy/d/ramona-moto-guzzi/6919262532.html

I always wondered what a red/grey would look like painted completely with that truly gorgeous candy red. Nice. Now it needs shiny mufflers. You're running low on V11's these days, aren't you Tim?