V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

Love the tail tidy and brake light, but unless my eyes deceive me someone has bedazzled that tank! I had hoped the Bedazzler epidemic was officially contained in the US, but apparently security in the 80's was a bit lax ..........  

• Haha 1

Must be some kind of speed mod.... mini vortex generators.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, vtwins4life said:

It's pretty, but he'll be "looking for $8k" for a long time I think....

Vt4l

"He" is me, @vtwins4life.

I know I'm starting "high," especially when compared to the standard V11s that sit for months on Craigslist at sub-$5k prices. But Rosso Mandellos are extremely rare and that spare tank alone is worth a bundle, I imagine. I couldn't find a single Rosso Mandello for sale anywhere with a price in extensive research, and almost nothing in the last three or four years. Based on pricing of other also-nearly non-existent special models, and extensive conversations at this year's Quail Motorcycle Gathering, I chose $8k as a perhaps-high-but-seemingly-reasonable starting point. Interested parties are welcome to make an offer, of course, but I'm not going to let it go for the price of a rusty greenie with crashmarks on both sides. :D

If it doesn't sell, maybe I'll just keep it and fire it up to listen to the Magnis now and then. Maybe I'll sell off some of the parts and reduce the price some. Maybe I'll cut it up and make something with ergos that work for my newly-"reconfigured" leg, and sell off the bodywork. Oh, the humanity! :D

Serious question: what do you think it's worth, and what is that number or range based on?

• Like 2

If it includes all the extras, it's well worth the $8k!  Perhaps vtwins4life is just trying to soften you up before making you an offer...

• Haha 1

Yeah sorry man - didn't mean to rain on any parades here. It's just that - as we all know - despite the off-the-charts fun to ride factor of the V11, it's just not a easily sold package. 

I was out with a friend this weekend who purchased an FJ-09 2 years back. He rode over 50 bikes (!) and did way more homework than any normal bike buyer I've ever met. We swapped bikes for an hour and I let him run loose through the CT back roads on my V11. At the first stop not 10 minutes into the ride, he was grinning from ear to ear and shouted over to me at a stoplight "I WANT TO TAKE THIS HOME NOW! CAN I GIVE IT BACK IN A MONTH?" 

Seems he might have factored in those boring things like comfort and reliability a bit too much in his search :-). 

Good luck with your sale man. As I've said before, I wish I had found a bike like yours for $7-8k that needed nothing instead of a "bargain" that needed $5k to get right. I'll never get my money out of it, so I guess I just need to ride the wheels off the damn thing. I know an FJ pilot who is ready to swap with me on any given Sunday :-). 

VT4L

• Like 1

I have been following them since I bought mine and I would say that $8k is the extreme high end of the market, even with extras. I have seem some pristine low mileage examples go for $6-7k. I've seen enough of them in fact to kick myself until my shins ache for buying a $3500 bargain/beater. 

My honest opinion is that the mileage is too high on yours to support that price. And I'd buy yours (or make a good offer) in a heartbeat if I could get $8k for my greenie. I have even more into it than that, and I'm sure you're taking a loss too given all of those tasty bits.

VT4L

• Like 1

Having bought and sold many bikes, I can say that it really comes down to how much time you have to sell it.  If you don't need the cash right away, you will eventually get close to $8k for it. I sold my Scura for $7400 with 23k miles two years ago, with virtually no spare parts and just a Carbon Mistral exhaust.  But if you're in a hurry, you may have to lower your expectations a little.

• Like 1