V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

It seems that virtually all for sale have mods. Nothing new there. Q: How do you explain a 15+ year old unmodified Guzzi? Garage candy? Collector? Unknowing, uncaring owner? Impulse buy that subsequently sat unused? Probably all of the above and more. 

As to pricing, I paid the asking price of $4,950 for my '04 Ballabio, due to very low mileage, condition, mods and accessories included. For that price, one option I had in a new bike was a 300 Ninja. AYKM? 

Buying a Guzzi is akin to a marriage. Some guys love the old lump, warts and all, through thick and thin (docc? :D), while others bail and look for something younger and faster. What I do know is that a Guzzi is the 'road less traveled', and that has always been my path.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, footgoose said:

Exhaust, tail rack, and head guards are all that I can see non original. Rare model, low miles and 2 - 3 k below market. Granted, I have not seen her up close 

I think I see a Roper line:

https://photohosting.azureedge.net/vmp/Dealers/71033/135817207/Photo/ZGUKTC029M111161-17.jpg

Would be interesting if closer, but then I guess one temperamental Italian hottie is enough for me to handle.  ;)

On 11/28/2019 at 12:55 PM, footgoose said:

Exhaust, tail rack, and head guards are all that I can see non original. Rare model, low miles and 2 - 3 k below market. Granted, I have not seen her up close 

Notice how she is flawless, except for a few flaws? :rolleyes: To my eyes (recently restored), not much to dislike. The suspension alone is worth half the asking price and $4150 is clearly negotiable.

6 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Anyone know what headlight is on that Cafe Sport?

Looks like a cheapo eBay ABS plastic integrated signal/running light unit. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-7-Motorcycle-Headlight-Amber-LED-Turn-Signal-Indicators-Bracket-US/174028145959?hash=item2884e2c527:g:EFcAAOSwlvtdeboZ

• Like 1

I love singles, too. The first "real" motorcycle I ever rode was a friend's Harley Sprint. It probably kindled my life long love of Italian machinery..

• Like 2

Brother's high school friend had a Benelli 250. For a project, bro had fabbed up a copy of the Ducati "Corse" open megaphone in high school shop class. It really woke that Benelli (and our neighbors) up! Ah, but my brother's other friend went crazy and bought a 1965 Ducati Diana MK III. Now, with 5 speeds and 10K on tap, that was some ride for a goofy kid in the 60s. The most difficult mechanical project I ever helped with was getting all of those bevel gear timing marks lined up. They call those the 'ice cream cone' singles, but the cam drive was more like a Rubik's cube. 

• Haha 1

1965 Ducati Diana MK III.

I lusted for one that was in a "dealer's" at the time. Had a megaphone exhaust with it from the factory. Fortunately, I couldn't afford it..:rasta:

4 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Forget pull the front wheel, it would pull the girls. 

Ciao 

Oh, so that's where "Lucky" came from, eh? :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...