V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

Fair warning... I have noticed this ad a few times for a Scura, which also misidentifies it as a Coppa Italia. I believe we discussed it elsewhere (or it may have come up on WildGuzzi).

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2002-Moto-Guzzi-V11-COPPA-ITALIA-5011141431

Why the need for the warning? One of the pictures is of MY Scura. How can I tell? I know my child when I see her. Also, I recall taking the picture in the desert by the wind turbines... and it has all sorts of custom bits (mirrors, reservoir tanks, belly pan, etc) and extra "darkening" that I did... and my handheld, dirtbike GPS is mounted on the handlebars.

So this could be a scam. Or the other pictures are of a bike he actually has for sale. Either way, I feel mixed emotions about this. Slightly violated and slightly complimented that the seller is using picture of my bike. FWIW - there is also a factory photo mixed in there, but the rest of the photos appear to be of a different Scura.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/8/2020 at 7:27 AM, Scud said:

Fair warning... I have noticed this ad a few times for a Scura, which also misidentifies it as a Coppa Italia. I believe we discussed it elsewhere (or it may have come up on WildGuzzi).

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2002-Moto-Guzzi-V11-COPPA-ITALIA-5011141431

Why the need for the warning? One of the pictures is of MY Scura. How can I tell? I know my child when I see her. Also, I recall taking the picture in the desert by the wind turbines... and it has all sorts of custom bits (mirrors, reservoir tanks, belly pan, etc) and extra "darkening" that I did... and my handheld, dirtbike GPS is mounted on the handlebars.

So this could be a scam. Or the other pictures are of a bike he actually has for sale. Either way, I feel mixed emotions about this. Slightly violated and slightly complimented that the seller is using picture of my bike. FWIW - there is also a factory photo mixed in there, but the rest of the photos appear to be of a different Scura.

I talked to the guy (seller)  the other day..Highly vague and too suspicious for me to want to deal with..says it has always been worked on by his " Friend" who is manager at Beverly Hills ...from my own personal experiance that alone was enough to make me run away.Ducati...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Searching for parts, this one just turned up in Texas. Starting bid $3,500. Appears to have a Corbin seat and comes with a pricey old-school café fairing extra. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Moto-Guzzi-V11-Sport/124086408955?hash=item1ce42056fb:g:t18AAOSwEWpeSczX

Screen%20Shot%202020-02-17%20at%206.16.2

1 hour ago, po18guy said:

Zero mile Greenie, $44??? OK, it's 1/12 scale...

I have a Rosso Mandello version of that to match my bike. :D

In other news:

1. Need some cans and a crossover? $20, but I can't say whether they'll ship.

2. What looks like a pretty clean '03 Le Mans with just 10,500 miles showed up on BARF a couple days ago for $3,600—although it is a "Selling for a friend" scenario, so who knows. The person that posted it is a long-time member and I believe fairly reputable, at least as motorcyclists go. ;)

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 5:24 PM, Kane said:

Scud, it looks like your bike is also for sale on the Los Angeles CL:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mpo/d/los-angeles-moto-guzzi-v11-sport-scura/7063226027.html

Wow.... I spoke with this weirdo a while back when he first exposed himself.

He was more concerned about how I was going to pay for the said machine and appeared to have exceptionally low IQ ...Coppa???

Run don't walk as they say

Ciao

8 hours ago, Surj said:

I have a Rosso Mandello version of that to match my bike. :D

In other news:

1. Need some cans and a crossover? $20, but I can't say whether they'll ship.

2. What looks like a pretty clean '03 Le Mans with just 10,500 miles showed up on BARF a couple days ago for $3,600—although it is a "Selling for a friend" scenario, so who knows. The person that posted it is a long-time member and I believe fairly reputable, at least as motorcyclists go. ;)

Says "great rear brake" - must be a Harley rider...

56 minutes ago, Surj said:

That's not in Sac; that's that Vegas dealer again. Same one as last time?

D'Oh, probably, dang it! Too pricey for the work it will need. Crappy header wrap is coming undone, and I see the rear master cylinder shield is gone. What else?

• Like 1