V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

The bike made me think of your bike, docc. How many silver V11s — with a Stucci flyscreen no less— can there be in Greensboro?

19 minutes ago, Kane said:

The bike made me think of your bike, docc. How many silver V11s — with a Stucci flyscreen no less— can there be in Greensboro?

I kinda doubt that bike exists for sale. The kind of ad that smacks of fraud. I could be wrong. Lots of other reasons why it’s half price....

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, gstallons said:

But it's half price ?

Actually, as asking prices go these days, $1200US is more like 1/4 to 1/3. Just suspicious. Maybe it won't shift out of first and the starter won't engage.

Throw the guy a grand and fix the clutch connectors and put in a Chuck-designed Scud Spring . . . . :race:

Here's a local Washington State example (2004, 4000 miles) that I just noticed. Dunno what his reserve is, but we'll see. Which model came with 1/4 fairing, Marzocchi/Sachs and clipons? The Sport standard?

6 bidders and 49 watchers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Moto-Guzzi-V11-Sport/184347509167?hash=item2aebf7c1af:g:8fIAAOSwFbFe8jT-

s-l1600.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202020-07-03%20at%2010.18.

I was joking .......about the purchase . This would be ( if it existed ) an in person deal , with the understanding you might be getting a parts bike .

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, po18guy said:

Here's a local Washington State example (2004, 4000 miles) that I just noticed. Dunno what his reserve is, but we'll see. Which model came with 1/4 fairing, Marzocchi/Sachs and clipons? The Sport standard?

6 bidders and 49 watchers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Moto-Guzzi-V11-Sport/184347509167?hash=item2aebf7c1af:g:8fIAAOSwFbFe8jT-

s-l1600.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202020-07-03%20at%2010.18.

So, the "V11 Sport" was produced throughout the model range as a naked bike (no fairing or fly-screen), "standard" (Marzocchi/Sachs) suspension, clip-ons, and fork mounted headlamp/instruments.  The V11 Café Sport had Öhlins, a flyscreen, handlebars, and frame mounted headlamp/instruments (like the Ballabio) .

This bike is rather a mix of features. There are, notably, no tail cowl graphics to help identification.

It is, however, a nice example of both the bike and a legit ad. Tasteful mix of carbon fiber parts and meticulous presentation of images with appropriate asking price.

I would love a broader view of what is wearing the white walls!

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 12:39 PM, docc said:

And where-in-the-hell is "Woonsocket???"

I have a feeling it's next to that place that the sun don't shine. :blink:

• Haha 1

On 7/2/2020 at 4:28 PM, docc said:

I kinda doubt that bike exists for sale. The kind of ad that smacks of fraud. I could be wrong. Lots of other reasons why it’s half price....

You would be surprised at what can turn up in the South. With the distributor gone in that area there is little to no support and even less knowledge about those bikes there.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2020 at 5:27 PM, Kane said:

Saw this $1200 2000 V11 on the CycleTrader website. I know nothing about this bike, but for the asking price I thought I’d mention it:

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2000-Moto-Guzzi-V11-5012974616

Good luck!

Not a lot of information in the CT ad, but from the photo is appears to have about 21k miles on the clock.

Based on the various fading and corrosion one can see, it looks like it has been put away wet ... or maybe just lovingly ridden in all weather ;)

It's only 60 miles from me, so tempting, but I don't need another project.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ewan is only 49? He had the "old man" pegs installed! Lightweight! I got 19 years on him and I'm looking for rearsets! 

• Haha 1