V11 for sale online/ Craigslist and all others

chamberlin

7 minutes ago, motortouring said:

A Tenni should have a brown leather seat, isn't it? 

I think the seat went walkies... still, you could get a new cover?

Yes. It's mine. They came with 2 seats; an impractical (If you live in the UK where it rains) brown suede one and a black vinyl one. It's a good bike. I've got 3 bikes and limited space. In truth it gets used less than the other 2. I prefer to potter in an upright posture along country lanes these days as the roads are crammed most of the time. I also spend more time cycling (mtb) than riding motorbikes.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I'm talking to the seller about this V11 Cafe. I know I'm going to need to eat $700-$1k US for shipping to me.

Under 13k miles. What is reasonable for a bike I can't see or ride in person? Kind of up in the air.

Thank you for your feedback and opinions in advance.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194276614230?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3Dde6b4ce34e39447fa5dee395869d8679%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D194131949688%26itm%3D194276614230%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3Aee02c398-fc6f-11eb-904f-c2cd4a93ad3e|parentrq%3A41124a6817b0a0f2cc9699e7ffd5261e|iid%3A1

No seat cowl.   If you're concerned with the money, it seems to have the requisite dealer markup.  They're all over the map price wise.  If you want to make comparisons, go to Wild Guzzi and MGNOC sites and looks at their respective classified.  But if you like the bike and want the color, how long would you like to wait?

All bikes share common issues.  Otherwise, it's condition.  This one is supposedly a clean bike. 

This model should be checked for transmission recall.  Also, all "red frames" will need to have a transmission brace that fastens the bellhousing to the frame.  My mechanic in Okla City has fabbed some transmission brace kits (includes fasteners).  

So far shipping, you could also consider a fly and ride it home. 

BTW- I think the board had a pretty nice "Rosso something" for sale today.  It's red and silver. looks cool.

• Like 1

Pretty sure we have critiqued this offering before. Yet, I am sure we won't mind doing it again. This way, @VtwinStorm, you can learn about the differences in the models and the year ranges. First, this is an early (1999-2001) RedFrame (short frame) Sport. Not "Café", per se, which could imply a later LongFrame Café Sport with handlebars instead of clip-ons and other differences.

Have a look at the Model Year Breakdown thread in FAQ:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, docc said:

Pretty sure we have critiqued this offering before. Yet, I am sure we won't mind doing it again. This way, @VtwinStorm, you can learn about the differences in the models and the year ranges. First, this is an early (1999-2001) RedFrame (short frame) Sport. Not "Café", per se, which could imply a later LongFrame Café Sport with handlebars instead of clip-ons and other differences.

Have a look at the Model Year Breakdown thread in FAQ:

Thank you, Doc!

• Like 1

Remember how much your paying for this opinion:D

I own it's twin sister, 2000 model. Overall looks to be a very nice example of the rarest and fastest color V11 Sport.

In looking at their other bikes in their ads, I would say they are on the high side of pricing but that just gives them room to negotiate. The ad does say Make Offer.  The missing cowl can be had on Ebay, the exhaust not stock but fit the bike well. The other farkles are to personal taste and don't really matter. Any service records? Can you talk to the previous owner?  Shipping is a concern, but also the price of doing business from faraway.  Good to very good condition, low miles I would say $4800 to $5100 if you sharpen your negotiation tactics.   Good Luck!

Paul B:bier:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

N

56 minutes ago, paulnaz said:

Remember how much your paying for this opinion:D

I own it's twin sister, 2000 model. Overall looks to be a very nice example of the rarest and fastest color V11 Sport.

In looking at their other bikes in their ads, I would say they are on the high side of pricing but that just gives them room to negotiate. The ad does say Make Offer.  The missing cowl can be had on Ebay, the exhaust not stock but fit the bike well. The other farkles are to personal taste and don't really matter. Any service records? Can you talk to the previous owner?  Shipping is a concern, but also the price of doing business from faraway.  Good to very good condition, low miles I would say $4800 to $5100 if you sharpen your negotiation tactics.   Good Luck!

Paul B:bier:

Lowest that I can get from them is 54xx.xx with doc fees. A bit expensive for a leap of faith.

The bike looks great, but adding $700-$1k for shipping... I'm better off waiting for one more local to me.

Yes, I know that I'll be waiting a while. I'd love a green or silver V11 Sport or a champagne V11 LeMans.

These bikes are just so sexy. A big block Guzzi would really compliment my 900SS Ducatis, I think.

My max budget is $6k, and for that, I'd better be talking to the original owner, in his Guzzi altar themed garage with a stack of service history from new.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, paulnaz said:

You have done well grasshopper.  Stick to your plan and it will happen. All the Italian's complement each other:lol:

20180928_121302.jpg

Great taste ! I have close to the same set....my silver 2000 V11, & a '96 SS Sp. The V11 is Dorothy, & SS is Loralei..

James

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paulnaz said:

You have done well grasshopper.  Stick to your plan and it will happen. All the Italian's complement each other:lol:

20180928_121302.jpg

No Laverda? No MV Agusta? 😆

If you can be patient, I think you will be able to find another one in equal or better condition for less money. All that and close to home could take longer. Fly and ride can be fun if you establish trust with the seller.

I once picked up a K75s that was not in as good condition as I expected. But I was already at the end of a one-way flight so went ahead and did the deal with a small discount.

• Thanks 1

I purchased mine from a dealership in Pensacola December last year.

It was on Cycletrader, same mileage as the one you are looking at.

The bike was supposedly spotless. When I went to pick it up, I found the odometer was not working.

Before I purchased the bike, I had asked all the relevant questions.

Turned out they had never assessed the bike, it was a "consignment".

They shipped the bike free of charge to me, this was the least they could do. I had spent the money to get there to drive the bike home.

But the one you are looking at is listed on eBay. So you have some protection.

• Thanks 1