Tenth South'n Spine Raid 2014

motowfo

Whenever docc and you all want.  I'm retired ... and only have 52 weeks off this year.    :grin:

Unfortunately, it seems we have entered another Ice Age.  Damn, I miss global warming.      :whistle:

Bill

My crystal ball says September 12-14.

Time for a fresh new thread!

Start it, Il Duce.   :D

Just posted on our calendar, tho Kathi and I may "raid" Columbia sooner.   ;)

Expect about as much warning as Yamamoto gave Pearl.   :lol:

Bill

September 12-14, 2014 on the edge of Tennessee, USA with North Carolina and north Georgia.

Very likely to hole up at the Lodge at Tellico, but try for a route that doesn't ride into the sun all day.

Anxious to hear what the hopes and wishes of the Spine Raiders are! :oldgit: :oldgit: :grin:B):rasta::drink:

(You know which one you are!)

I see a nice southerly loop by Suches to the Guzzi dealer at Rider's Hill in Dahlonega returning by Wolf Pen Gap road and, eventually, the Cherohala (late in the day into the sun as usual). 234 miles versus our usual 226.

• 2 weeks later...

Yo ... you gonna start a new thread for the 2014 Raid?   :whistle:

Bill

Yo . . . (sir), through Moderator Mirror Magic, this is the 2014 SSR thread . . .   ;) 

Last post of the 2013 is here.

I went back through all the spine raid threads and gave them consistent titles i.e. "Second South'n Spine Raid 2006."

There was no SSR in 2005 and the thread for the Inaugural Event in 2004 has been lost to the cyber-abyss of forum reconstruction. I tried to gather some archive photos from your link to WildGuzzi, but it said they either weren't there or I wasn't man enough to see them.

think your bud, "the Chancellor of BMW" will make it again?

he's a real hoot.

:race:

Indubitably, along with his personal security detail.  :thumbsup:

Oh ... and thanks, docc.

Bill

As always, subtle observation is being applied to the forums to propose an appropriate Tech Session for the SSR.

As of this writing, Sparky the Smoke Wrangler is, once again, going cross-eyed over wiring diagrams and packing up spare relays, fuses, and bulbs for the occasion.

:rasta::luigi::nerd:wear safety glasses