Tenth South'n Spine Raid 2014

motowfo

Gonna miss waspp and LowRyter both : (

Glad to be seeing Bill Hagan again this year, but will also miss one of the other inaugural Raiders. I even offered to write him a note to get him outta that Atlanta gig.

I'm really gonna miss being devoured by the exhaust note of Andy's Gianellis when he (inevitably) wafts by my draggy pace. :race:  :o   :thumbsup:

maybe next year Docc.  I rode the Greenie to Springfield for the Mile but came up blanks with trailering the beast to Telico Planes.  Man, retired life is just too busy to get everything done.  This weekend I have a tickets to see the Sooners play some orange team from the east.  So poor those folks in Appalachia that they can't even send their pep band over here.

Anyway.  here's some photos from Springfield I took:

who would win? 

EE42A85046F246128AB5496E8F80CCE1.jpg

the King of Cool.  

8E268ED671C54FE39D5603AA93ECC4CB.jpg

• Like 1

Well, no one who made breakfast at MarcyJo's and rode clear to Fall Creek Falls and back through the Dry Fork Gulf (best motorcycle road in Tennessee)  can say they "missed the trip" entirely!

The *other* Honda rider really needed you there for moral support. He didn't understand when we pulled up a bucket to sit on and adjust his valves . . .

Words fail me.

My ST1300-riding friend, George, is fascinated by Guzzis and Guzzisti.  He and Dennis -- "der Kanzler" -- joined us (again) for the SSR.

Possibly, “fascinated” is insufficiently strong to capture George's madness.

He talks of little else.  As weird as this little vid is, it stems from affection.  Perhaps his views amount to a character and behavior disorder, but they evidence affection nonetheless.   :race: 

I have a much milder slideshow coming.  I will encourage George to seek help.   :D 

Bill

I will encourage George to seek help.   :D 

The only known treatment: SSR/ Next . . .

A genuine nugget of the mild to moderate madness that is the South'n Spine Raid. :grin:

George should really come back again next year, but bring his Kubota so he can keep up and we don't have to work on that silly Honda of his              .   .   .  :blink: