Tenth South'n Spine Raid 2014

motowfo

I'm not proud of what we had to do to Jake's bike but I am glad he made it home with all the parts he left with.

You should be proud.

That work was a reflection of a Guzzista's art.   :thumbsup:

Simple.  Effective.  Basta.

Bill

I admit it was not a particularly elegant solution, but more effective that the Dos Equis bottle caps we tried last year.

And the situation was more dire since the thing actually did drop off.

Like a Honda-seeking depth charge. :huh:

I admit it was not a particularly elegant solution, but more effective that the Dos Equis bottle caps we tried last year.

Well right there is the problem, Peroni Nastro Azzurro caps would have fixed it.

Just saw this pic posted on a mirror thread on wildguzzi.

Makes Josh seem as if he were a mechanical Michelangelo.   :notworthy:

IMAG0124_zpsecdc8a88.jpg

Bill

• Haha 1

Apparently, the Spine Frame Guzzi has become somewhat of a collector's item (the kind of bike's people have, but don't ride). :glare:

Of the eleven bikes at the Tenth Sputter'n Spine Raid, there were six Guzzi, counting Nic's V7 Café, Hagan's luscious Griso, and motowfo's Stelvio Valdeez  - only three Spines: Josh's very fine Sport 1100, jakester's very fun Rosso Corsa, and docc's very leaky V11 Sport.

We did get to spend some time at European Motorsports with buellish1 and his buettiful Ballabio, but didn't get to ride with him this year.

After all the other riders had split off for home, The Three Spinateers cut through the foothills of middle Tennessee scattering the chickens and making the sheep nervous. :whistle:

It's an honor and a joy to have ridden and clicked glass with each and every one! :race::drink:

Apparently, the Spine Frame Guzzi has become somewhat of a collector's item (the kind of bike's people have, but don't ride). :glare:

Both of mine are riders, unfortunately my aforementioned back injury kept me from attending my first Spine Raid this year. Hopefully I can add to the complement of Spine Frames in '15

Dang, man! Just looked at your Daytona in the Gallery. No one's EVER brought a DAYTONA to a Spine Raid. The original Guzzi Spine Frame! :notworthy:

You could trailer that in and we wouldn't use the "collector" word. As long as we got to see it (hear it!) in action on the Saturday loop! :race:

I guess the Sport's staying at home then.....

Trailer's not big enough for your entire collection of sweet, bright red Italian motorbikes? :race: :race: :race:

They wouldn't besides I'd constantly be worried some scumbag wasn't making off with my fleet while I was out riding. Like those guys from the Cannonball. Of course if anyone knew what they were getting themselves into with a Guzzi they'd move on to next victim...... :grin:

• 3 months later...

Posted Today, 07:11 AM by BILL HAGAN:

Any winter musings about 2015 SSR?

Bill (at the frigid top of Virginia)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glad you asked! :mg::

Eleventh South'n Spine Raid 2015