Smoking Appalachians

czakky

Keep an eye to the sky, there, buddy! Severe weather coming at you from the west-southwest likely for sometime Tuesday into Wednesday . . .

Gonna hang out here in Tellico Plains. Bikes in a garage BBQ down the street beer in the fridge. Not ideal but it could be worse.

Had a blast yesterday! Cherahola/the dragon were pretty fun. I didn't see but maybe ten vehicles while I was riding through there.

• Like 1

Well I'm back home again, had an awesome time. Besides a touch of what I can only explain as vapor lock on the first night, she ran really well. I didn't get as far north as I had planned but that just leaves me with more un-chartered territory for the next time.  The threatening weather seemed to have kept most riders at home so I had a lot of roads to my self. Therefore I was the fastest guy out there (except when waspp joined me for a while). Cherahola Skyway and probably 60 in N. Georgia were some of my favorite roads but none of them are bad.

Kinda seems weird to take a vacation where your main purpose is to find twisty roads to ride your motorcycle on, but it makes perfect sense after being there. Thanks for all the recommendations guys, after mostly slabbing yesterday some 650 miles I need an ice bath....

Cherahola Skyway and probably 60 in N. Georgia were some of my favorite roads but none of them are bad.

Kinda seems weird to take a vacation where your main purpose is to find twisty roads to ride your motorcycle on, but it makes perfect sense after being there. Thanks for all the recommendations guys, after mostly slabbing yesterday some 650 miles I need an ice bath....

Nice glad you had a good time and made it home safe.Chasing twisty roads has been my obsession for 20 years,like doing heroin.Very addicting.Will make riding such a fun bike in FLA much harder.Always wanted to get the Guzzi down there but the slab of 6-700 miles on her doesn't appeal and I'm a riding sadist.Trailer,some day(would be the first time).Will have to suffer with the Ducati ST4s for awhile,.... :thumbsup:

I think about riding the V11 down to the Florida Left Coast. Drove the ///M roadster there a couple years ago. Last trip :  flew into TPA (the looong way!), rented a Dodge Challenger R/T (red, of course!).

Makes Tellico Plains and the Cherohala feel like heaven! Glad you got in a good ride, czakky! Now you know why the South'n Spine Raid keeps going back there! :race: :race: