Headlight Aim

The Pilgrim

Hi Dudes. I brought my '02 V11 Sport up for its annual MOT on Friday past,

En route to Test Centre I called and got headlight checked, When I arrived at test centre the examiner told me the headlight height was fine but the aim was checking off to the wrong side!

I cant figure out how this has been overlooked in the 8yrs its been tested! Has anyone else had this issue and if so how can it be resolved. Oh, He passed the bike and told me to 'Get that ---- headlight sorted' :grin:

No dude I didn't? Funny thing is I got it checked for HEIGHT only a few minutes before and the mechanic didn't say anything about the throw? Never dreamt of it til Examiner said it?

The early Bosch units are easy to look at the lens and see if it is modified to the right or left. For driving on the right side of the road, my lens is modified on the left.

Perhaps your lamp lens is fitted for yanks? (No wonder the MOT wouldn't like it!)

EDIT: headlight (1999-2001 Sport)              037 40 540

AUS-J-NZ-SGP-UK               037 40 545

2002 LeMans parts also show a different part number for left hand drive.

That is good information Hubert posted and most of it applies to your bike.

Bear in mind if you have the OEM Ducati Energia regulator running a new light feed direct from the battery will rob it of about half a volt.

If you tap off after the bikes existing relay you only require one extra relay in the headlight bucket.

Don't tap off the Alternator in our case, the car one put's out DC

• Like 1