09 Stelvio - Service message and Red triangle are on

vrybl

I have bought this bike with 8K miles about 2 month ago, I have replaced leaking oil sender sensor and resealed leaking crankshaft position sensor, but now after riding in a bit of rain for 10 minutes I noticed the speedometer jumping rapidly from 0 to 90 mi/hr.  At this point the "Service!" message and red triangle are on, and I can't seem to enter any other menus to look up failure codes on the dash except for heated grips.  Is this normal not to be able to enter system menu with "Service" message on.

All ideas on what is going on are welcome.

Cheers,

Vlad.

I have bought this bike with 8K miles about 2 month ago, I have replaced leaking oil sender sensor and resealed leaking crankshaft position sensor, but now after riding in a bit of rain for 10 minutes I noticed the speedometer jumping rapidly from 0 to 90 mi/hr.  At this point the "Service!" message and red triangle are on, and I can't seem to enter any other menus to look up failure codes on the dash except for heated grips.  Is this normal not to be able to enter system menu with "Service" message on.

All ideas on what is going on are welcome.

Cheers,

Vlad.

Yea, the speedo sensor got wet and failed. It is usually a temporary failure and upon drying out it will come back. The failed speedo sensor trip the service light.

There is much info about sealing the speedo sensor, making it water proof, on the internet. A good place to start is GuzziTech. But it is mostly just drying it out completely and sealing it with silicone.or some other such waterproofing agent.