Retro LeMans

helicopterjim R.I.P.

The flyscreen fairing is a wonderful piece! (I'm glad they didn't feel compelled to paint a Safety Orange section on it!)

Otherwise, I seem to feel most comfortable with bikes that you can draw an arrow from the tail light through the head light and it points the way. Down the road.

Not onto the road. :o

What frame is that? one-off?

A Tonti frame or a replica Tonti frame. It could be unique to this bike.

Tonti designed his (eponymous) frame with the motor from the original "loop" frame Guzzis in mind: if you replace the loop generator with the smaller diameter (but longer OAL) one from a particular FIAT car engine (iirc), then the loop motor will bolt right into the Tonti frame. Since the new QV engines have reverted to the original loop format in all pertinent respects, I'm certain a similar trick would work. Either that, or they're running it w/ total loss electrics & just put a bigger battery in the same space the alternator used to occupy so that they could squeeze it all into place in a Tonti frame. Fairly normal for a race/track bike to run total-loss anyway, so that's what I'd put my money on in this instance.

• 4 weeks later...

So . . . I am certainly swayed by the video (without understanding a word of the spoken language).

There are some really nice bits on this bike - the swingarm for sure, and I'm not sure the reaction rod actually clears the big rear tire at all (mm, maybe?)

Really, it is only the tail section that seems awkward, but provides a great place to video the exhaust while the bike is in action!

It is possible the liqui moly calendar in the background has affected my judgement . . . :blink:

I like this. I don't understand the German either: not sure what's been done to the engine, but it would be nice to think it's been tweaked out of cruiser tune. That and a taut handling frame would be fantastic...

• 1 year later...

Very nice !

Except for that typical German upward pointing tail piece. To me it seems very much out of place.