'Model Year' month cuttoff for Moto Guzzi factory?

chamberlin

You mean take all the existing "registries" pinned in 24/7 V11 sub-forum and put them under their own sub-forum?

That would make the existing sub-forum lots cleaner.

You mean take all the existing "registries" pinned in 24/7 V11 sub-forum and put them under their own sub-forum?

That would make the existing sub-forum lots cleaner.

Yes! Exactly Docc, a single sub forum that is pinned, but has the sub categories of each bike type underneath. The key thing is too, that they aren't labeled as "registries" but more like "here's me and my Tenni #142 checking in" kind of threads.

The main forum might be called something like "All V11 Owners Check-in here!" The sub threads would be simply the model types broken out by model year (with distinctions made between what we agree upon is most logical model type break down...or if you and I can ever get around to re-doing the FAQ on the model types, we can use that!!!)

My thoughts that are if we are to do a registry that has *any* sort of meaning and usefulness whatsoever, it cannot be based around an open ended chain of posts in a forum setting. Registries are limited in their usefulness to begin with, and in the forum posting layout, they aren't really even registries any more.

Whaddya think?

I like that the individual threads can keep their identity. Most of them aren't very active, but that's ok as long as they remain intact for the members they matter to.

So, the registry would update a pinned first post with the most current compilation of data kind of like our "poll" function does now?

I like that the individual threads can keep their identity. Most of them aren't very active, but that's ok as long as they remain intact for the members they matter to.

So, the registry would update a pinned first post with the most current compilation of data kind of like our "poll" function does now?

Yes, they would definitely keep their identity - we can't loose all of those posts and photos! Really, just the naming and organization of those threads would change.

With regard to the registry however, it would not be a constantly updated forum post, nor be like the 'poll' function. It would be a separate database 'spreadsheet' type of thing that would be accessible to all V11lemans.com members. I've been looking at some other registry databases used for cars and such (I've been a part of a few myself with my former BMW 8 series and M coupe models). Some are very elaborate and require formal letters and approvals with photos! But others are by honor system that just let you type in your data with minimal credentials. I think we should have some drop down menu items for some items, and some fill-able boxes for VIN codes etc. More research needs to be done on my part, but I do have some MySQL gurus that work in my IT dept. Right now, I am a total newbie. Bottom line, the registry would certainly be linked someplace in the forums, but a new webpage would spawn when you actually go to enter or research the data.

It's visible ahead of the tank, but you chaps with a full fairing will have a harder time seeing it. Not sure if you can peer in from above or below the fairing and see it?

I dunno about that. Mine looks like it's stamped 09 00, but my build date is 3-2000 and I was riding it by August . . .

Maybe it's a "use by" date. B)