'02 Moto Guzzi V11 Scura - oil&fuel filter

bivas

Hello, I bought a 2002 V11 Scura recently and I do not know which oil to use & the amount of oil to use. I want to replace the engine oil, the gearbox oil and the final drive (rear wheel) oil. Can someone recommend me which brand and type of oil I need?

I live in Romania, which has all seasons, but I ride mostly when there are around 20-40°C outside (I ride the bike when 10°C outside as well but more rarely). I want to choose the best oil which is recommended for the MG V11 Scura, as I ride quite sporty sometimes. I used MOTUL 300V for the bikes that I owned before. I have experience with Japanese bikes and Ducati’s but I never owned a Guzzi before so I would need some help/advice…

I have another question regarding the fuel filter. I now have the WEBER original filter and I would like to replace it but I find it too expensive. The alternative that I found is a UFI 3150100...Does anyone know if it is OK to use this one or if I need to buy the WEBER? 

Many thanks in advance.

Alex

Hello, I bought a 2002 V11 Scura recently and I do not know which oil to use & the amount of oil to use. I want to replace the engine oil, the gearbox oil and the final drive (rear wheel) oil. Can someone recommend me which brand and type of oil I need?

I live in Romania, which has all seasons, but I ride mostly when there are around 20-40°C outside (I ride the bike when 10°C outside as well but more rarely). I want to choose the best oil which is recommended for the MG V11 Scura, as I ride quite sporty sometimes. I used MOTUL 300V for the bikes that I owned before. I have experience with Japanese bikes and Ducati’s but I never owned a Guzzi before so I would need some help/advice…

I have another question regarding the fuel filter. I now have the WEBER original filter and I would like to replace it but I find it too expensive. The alternative that I found is a UFI 3150100...Does anyone know if it is OK to use this one or if I need to buy the WEBER? 

Many thanks in advance.

Alex

I don't know how much is too expensive ? If the UFI will fit , I see no reason you can't use it .

Hi, bivas!

If you like Motul (excellent products!), look at their 7100 4T 20W-50 for your Scura. Engine oil capacity:  3,5 liters.

As a fuel filter alternative, I use a quality built filter for the Isuzu Trooper. It is slightly shorter and requires a slightly longer fuel line from the pump.

I use either Agip/ENI or Motul synthetic 10w 60 - it's a bit cheaper than the Agip/ENI 20w 50 I was using before and seems to be just as good (a tip I got from Guy at Gutsibits)