Porkchops For Sale

dank1945

I have a pair of porkchop brackets for a 2003 V11 Sport Naked, left side in very good condition, right side paint is peeling off, but otherwise no damage. $100 plus actual V11 porkchops.jpgshipping for both.

• 3 weeks later...

Btw, I found a faux anodizing paint that matches the later style porkchops very well. Just strip the chops, apply self etching primer, then paint with an undercoat of bright silver (smooth, not metallic fleck), apply the special red faux paint, and finish it off with a nice clear coat. PM me if anyone wants more info.

• 7 years later...
On 6/1/2014 at 9:36 AM, chamberlin said:

Btw, I found a faux anodizing paint that matches the later style porkchops very well. Just strip the chops, apply self etching primer, then paint with an undercoat of bright silver (smooth, not metallic fleck), apply the special red faux paint, and finish it off with a nice clear coat. PM me if anyone wants more info.

How's the faux anodized finish holding up, chaimerlain?

29 minutes ago, FreyZI said:

How's the faux anodized finish holding up, chaimerlain?

2014 is pretty old post/thread to ask after. Yet, our good man chamberlin checked in less than a year ago. Let's see if he gets a notification this way:

How 'bout it, @chamberlin

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Haha got the original notification docc! I'm still subscribed! As you know I never rode the bike, and sadly sold it many years ago. I never used the paint technique above on my porkchops but I did use it on some computer parts and a set of headphones! Wore them today coincidentally, and it holds up just fine! I think on a motorcycle though, I'd use Eastwood diamond clear or something similar, on top of the faux anodizing paint.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chamberlin said:

Haha got the original notification docc! I'm still subscribed! As you know I never rode the bike, and sadly sold it many years ago. I never used the paint technique above on my porkchops but I did use it on some computer parts and a set of headphones! Wore them today coincidentally, and it holds up just fine! I think on a motorcycle though, I'd use Eastwood diamond clear or something similar, on top of the faux anodizing paint.

How great to see your post! :bier:

+1 on Eastwood Diamond Clear to "seal the deal."

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FreyZI said:

Thanks for the reply and link, chamberlain!

Cheers,

Frey

Making things better, one >reply and link< at a time . . .  :sun:  :luigi:  :bier:

20220122_170951.jpg

4 hours ago, chamberlin said:

Good to hear from you sir................. I ran across your Utube vid on the V-11 Sport the other day and was wondering what you've been up to.

Ciao

• Like 1

3 hours ago, p6x said:

I protest about the nick name "Porkchops".

How about Texas T-bone?

I concur. I "officially" posted this protest in 2017. People thought I was kidding. :glare: