V7 tuning

docc

Let the tuning begin! I really like this V7! Sure, it can be improved, but isn't that why we're here?

Looks like a solo saddle, lower bars with bar-end mirrors will be first up. After a brief (trade off) ride, it seems more weight forward would be good. After the bar change, I think we'll sink the triple clamps a bit and lift the rear about the same (maybe a quarter inch/ 6 mm).

Good news is the boy weighs in at the likely weight of a Guzzi test rider! (Springs should be ok).

DSCN1173.JPG

That's not a solo saddle on his v7?

I know Honda has got there hand in a "vintage/retro" model already but a new GB500.... Those of us that were too young to buy em originally we should get a chance.

First addition was the black suede/red stitched solo saddle from the Racer.

I haven't seen any hints that Honda may try the retro thing again. I thought they got burned the last time and wouldn't be back. (Love my GB and got it pretty cheap. Sat for two years new and all the showroom dust was free!)

Sorry, but you might have meant the CB1100 which I think is a stunning piece of kit. I've just never been one for four cylinders.

I keep forgetting "vintage" might not mean the 50s. :oldgit:

I got a "Vintage Motorcycle" calendar for 2014 and March is a 2000 silver V11 Sport!

Yeah, I always wanted a vintage bike. Next year the first bike i bought new comes up for antique plates. :oldgit:

I do think it's excellent that Guzzi is building this V7 series. Enthusiasts have been telling them to for years and years. It looks like it is successful for them! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, flat narrow bars would not fit as the brake master cylinder/reservoir assembly extends too far inboard and fouls the top of the fork.

On to the Tomaselli clip-ons! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Tomaselli clip-ons with CRG bar-ends. :food:

Triple clamps lowered 6mm, shocks +4mm with a nice improvement in turn-in, says he!

DSCN1227 - Version 2.JPG

On 6/7/2014 at 3:11 PM, AndyH said:

Nice, no detriment to handling at speed?

He says it feels great. Definite improvement. I'm looking forward to snagging a spin on it maybe this weekend.

On the hunt for proper rearsets now to complete the stance. The Guzzi V7 Racer pieces look nice - I wonder who is making them?

• 4 weeks later...

On the hunt for proper rearsets now to complete the stance. The Guzzi pieces look nice - I wonder who is making them?

Did he find the rearsets yet? It's been a month, so more than likely. I recommend the Guzzi ones - fit perfectly & attachment is straightforward & the supplied directions effective. Moto International was selling them recently at a price far less than I paid for mine here in Oz.

The best thing you can do for a V7 is a set of Staintunes. I was told that early in the day, but balked at the cost, so delayed. But it was true. A big difference. Now, of course, Agostini supplies mufflers - they are a little cheaper, people are happy with them & they even sound better than the Staintunes. BTW, with the Staintunes at least, there's no requirement to adjust the ECU.

He's got loads of fun there.

Mal

Thanks, Mal!

No new goodies yet! I don't think he can decide what to do next. Looks like the Guzzi rearsets are likely along with some Mistral reverse cone megas. Sounds like those will require some new hangers that eliminate the passenger pegs.

That reminds me: I haven't gotten my "test" ride with the Tomasellis!