V11 luggage rack

The Pilgrim

Just a note to others - Ventura should still be making up their racks for the V11 - check with the distributor in your area.

2014-07-21_12-27-35_910.jpg

That looks very nicely made. Is it steel of aluminum?

They are aluminum, and *are* nicely made.  :)

Yes they are Chuck, and hard to get these days. I was lucky enough to get a great second hand one a few years back

Ciao

$_85.JPG

I bought one of these new from Harper's Moto Guzzi in Jan 2016 for US$119. Harper's item no 97326090004. They may have more in stock. http://www.harpermoto.com/

It is nicely made of aluminum, and looks good on a V11. It came with an instruction sheet written in Italian, and mine has the MG Eagle decal on top. It is only rated at 3kg so can't carry much more than a pizza.

This MG rack wouldn't fit until I removed the Ventura rear mount bracket I left on when I pulled the pack rack off the bike.

It is only rated at 3kg so can't carry much more than a pizza.

I ran up to central California with overnight gear and a spare *battery* tied to it.  :huh2:  I wouldn't worry about that 3kg weight limit too much. Sounds like lawyer speak. It's pretty sturdy.

• Like 2

I ran up to central California with overnight gear and a spare *battery* tied to it.  :huh2:  I wouldn't worry about that 3kg weight limit too much. Sounds like lawyer speak. It's pretty sturdy.

Hear hear, I am planning to ride a 1200 km next week with the rack. Also with travel gear of about 10-15kg. I will keep you informed.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought this one on Ebay this weekend and it came with the MG Tail bag.  Can't say I love the tail bag as I think there is better quality from third party makers like cortech, etc. but the build quality, fit and finish of the rack itself is amazing.

scura1.jpg

• Like 1

Plexiform,

You might not have noticed that there's a velcro seam across the bottom of that rack bag.  If you hold that seam open then slide the bag onto the tail rack it won't move around at all once you clip the straps around the front of the rack.

Hear hear, I am planning to ride a 1200 km next week with the rack. Also with travel gear of about 10-15kg. I will keep you informed.

No problem :helmet: :helmet:

• Like 2

Bought this one on Ebay this weekend and it came with the MG Tail bag.  Can't say I love the tail bag as I think there is better quality from third party makers like cortech, etc. but the build quality, fit and finish of the rack itself is amazing.

Regarding the tail bag you don't love,  if you wanted to sell it I might be interested --