Playing around with Guzzi Diag and CO Trimm

thebronze

I had hopes of loading a new fuel map in but i'm once again dealing with a sloppy idle.  It will tick over just fine around 11-1200 and then randomly drop down to 7-900 and the charge light comes on.  Usually at a stop light!! Someone had advised to check the fuel trim or idle trim with Guzzi Diag.  I have found the CO Trimm is set to 13.  I lowered it to 10 and the idle was worse so I manually raised it and the problem still exists.  Can anyone clarify what the CO Trimm does and what should it be set at?  I have done the Micha tune several times.  The TB's are synched.  The TPS was set with an exhaust sniffer.

Set the TPS with a Volt-Meter according to this or that procedure you will find described in detail somewhere else in this forum (you already mentioned the 'Micha Tune') and use the exhaust sniffer to adjust the CO Trim. Not vice versa.

The CO trim can have any value, there is no specific right one. It's a feature mainly used for compensation of tolerances in the aspiration chain - what leads to the conclusion, that you should stick to the official tuning procedure based on 150mV etc. and only after that use the sniffer/Guzzi Diag for the final 'Micha' touch.

Hubert