FS: MY BIG MISTAKE / 2000 V11 Sport

Goosed Again

Is buying a Guzzi ever a mistake? One would think not. I've owned 5 or 6, all early models, been riding a goose in one form or another since 1982. But now comes the sad story: It was a dark stormy night just like this…

A couple of years ago, I got bit by the bug again and wanted another Guzzi. Hung out on this board and read a lot, and then pulled the trigger on a 2000 V11 Sport up in the bay area, real cheap. It had been sitting for a year and the guy selling only had a Transfer of Title for California, signed and notarized, but no pink. THIS WHERE IT GOT UGLY. Dumped a couple of grand at Werkstatt, also in the bay area, before having it shipped here to So Oregon where there is no local Guzzi support. Well, turned out I couldn't register the bike with the paperwork I had, I got hold of the guy on the registration, the guy had promised to be helpful, and that we were like family, blah blah blah. He turned out not to be helpful in the least, a flake is a good term though I'm being real nice in calling him that. He now won't return calls, emails or text and I'm not sure how or if I offended him somehow. I've had even offered to sell him back the bike at a loss because he missed it so. Yea, I'm a nice guy but this shows nice guys finish last. Plain and simple, after dealing with this guy for almost a year a half I give up. I'm selling this bike, untitled, unlicensed, and now not running. Pretty sure the not running is a relay, it clicks when I go to start it and I've dumped enough into the bike already so screw it, time to cut my loses. 

I can either sell complete or part it out. Obviously parting it out will be best for my pocket but I really hate tearing into a beautiful bike like this. I have the seat, 2 actually, and an extra set of tires, the ones mounted have never even seen pavement. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now looks like there is a possibility of me getting it registered, if not then I will address this post again, long with price and more details. Thanks all. 

IMG_5308.jpeg