injector housing shifted?

stewgnu

Hi All,

Just limped home with the left side sputtering and engine cutting out at idle.  At first inspection I thought the rubber had moved preventing a good seal to the injector but on comparison to the other side it looks like the entire housing has somehow shifted back into the side panel.

Have I done this by accident with my leg/boot I wondered?  Anyone had a similar prob?

Bit late now for fettling so will hopefully sort tomo (whilst also tracking down eejit light issues).

Any helpful comments appreciated!

Ta,

Stew

Stew, I'm vague on your description. Can you post a picture?

Otherwise, I think you are talking about the throttle body itself. It should have a good seal with the rubber connection forward and onto the alloy intake.

Hi Stew

you haven't moved it with your foot. Some V11s are set up very lean between 2000 and 3000 indicated RPM, and they can spit back through the intakes and blow the rubbers off. Happened to me. Check also that there are no cracks. especially in the LH intake rubber which doesn't really fit properly and is under some strain. This can exacerbate the problem.

Cheers

Guzz

A productive morning!

GM you were spot on- I felt it spit on my leg on start up just before the issue arose yesterday.

In hindsight I'd been vaguely aware of slight pippin n poppin from the left side for a few days.  So it must've been working it's way back.

Easy fix to slacken jube clips and worked it back into place.

Added bonus: The re-appearance of my neutral light following switch removal, soaking in wd and frantic tapping against the bench.

Extra Super Bonus: A feck and a fiddle with some wiring brought the oil light back into play.

More Bonus: Seat latch cable slack de-slacked, so can open seat sans bad language!

Hey! The sun's out!  I'm off out for a ride!