Moto Guzzi V11 Colors

sp838

EDITED on 04/28/2017 –– The links below are no longer valid. The paint codes still look correct, but now in order to access the color catalogs, you must follow this link:

You will be prompted to enter your location info and most importantly, your "business type" -- you will want to select "Vehicle Refinishes" and "owner type" which should be set to "Automotive"

On the next screen you will want to select the check box for "Lesonal" (I've tried searching with all the products selected, it still only returns the same number of codes for Guzzi, which is 47 total colors)

Then select "Color"

(almost there...)

Then select "Basecoat SB MM"

You will then be on the search page where you can pick your make, which is of course Moto Guzzi. Enter that into the search field, and hit enter, and veeeollah! Color codes descriptions and swatches.

I'm trying to figure out what "Champagne" is...

So here we go, this is the motherlode:

These are the "greys":

These are the colors in the "grey" group, which includes the dark metallic (MOT9035) and the silver on the v11. We are still narrowing it down but we think it's the MOT9029. It might be the MOT9037, which has a little yellow and little binder in it. He hasn't had time to mix up a sample for that yet. My money is on the 9029 which is basically all metallic with a little black and a little white.

These are the reds:

He thinks it's either the MOT3001 or the MOT3000, since these are the only solid colors in this list. The other colors all have either an M or a P in the code, which denote metallic or pearl compnents. Our red looks like a solid color. He said to hold a flashlight up to the paint to see if there's any particulate in it, which if there would mean it could be the others.

We haven't investigated the reds yet. He is going to paint my wheel first, then I'll bring my bike over and we'll move on to matching that. I wish there was something on the bike painted red that I remove and bring to him, but I think I need all of those frame parts  :grin:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the connection SP. I wish guzzi would just stamp a paint code onto the registration number. Or a company like AKZONobel would offer example photos of the finish. I've been riding up beside vehicles that are close to the same paint as mine. Nissan so far is the closest match. Eventually I gotta paint my fairing and it would be great to have the stock color as it is pretty unique. Anyway, cheers I will pursue the MOT9015 a little further. :thumbsup: