Single malt - what are you drinking?

This bottle of Talisker Storm must be faulty, I bought it on Friday evening and it was full.

It's Sunday evening now, and there's only half of it left............ The bottle must be leaking, or it is evaporation.......

Denis I know you wrote this about four years ago but this Talisker bottle of yours ys faulty for sure a friend of mine bring one to home last month and it did not make the whole night, the evapotration rate was like five hours or so.

Peated, salty, smoked or medium bodie I guess the scotch is like the womens to many to taste them all and every one has her own style but at the end I like them all

Well then . . . just enjoyed an 8 year old Lagavulin (just as leaky!)

Seems that if we would like 12 or 16 year old Scotch, the Scotsmen have to be handsomely rewarded not to drink them in the meantime!

My sons gave me Johnny Walker Blue for Christmas.  It's very smooth, perhaps bland.

A surprise, a divorced in-law to a niece was grateful for our Christmas hospitality and he gave me a bottle of triple cask Auchentoshan (had to google the spelling).  Very nice stuff. 

So we did a tasting of those plus Macallan, Glenmorangie, and Johnny Double Black.  I'd rate the 12 year Macallan tops.  And I have bottle of johnny Green that I forgot to include.

Of course, I might've gotten it wrong and will have to reevaluate.   Prolly should include the Green.   B)   

In the meantime, I'll swill some Teachers with some water and save the good stuff neat.  ;)

Great topic actually.

I have a Aberlour Abunda'h, straight from the Cask 61.1% in the drawer. For me it's too spirited to drink straight. And mixing feels like abuse. Do any of you have a good advise on this.

So, the Laproaig with the tast of an astray and boiled out gear-oil is my favorite for the time. Or just a good old Famous Grouse (I am ready for the comments :-) ), because it brings back great memories.

The Scots told me the only thing to put in whisky was more whisky. They also said never buy whisky in a silly shaped bottle or with embossed stags heads and suchlike - it means they pay more attention to gimmicks and marketing than to making a good drink.

• Like 1

Great topic actually.

I have a Aberlour Abunda'h, straight from the Cask 61.1% in the drawer. For me it's too spirited to drink straight. And mixing feels like abuse. Do any of you have a good advise on this.

So, the Laproaig with the tast of an astray and boiled out gear-oil is my favorite for the time. Or just a good old Famous Grouse (I am ready for the comments :-) ), because it brings back great memories.

20% of water help free the flavors I was told during a visit to a destilerie in Skie few years back

• Like 2

Laproaig  is stout stuff.  I like it a lot.  You might be surprised that Teacher's has a similar strong smoky flavor at 1/3 the cost.

I this the Teacher's (Highland Cream)?teachers_highlandcream_scotch750__90228_

[Couldn't find any Teacher's in town. The fellow told me it was blended and bottled by Laphroiag, while "White Horse" comes from the Lagavulin people.

e4dffafa460f6d332b897ec9b2e6089c.jpg

I passed and brought home an Asian single malt from Suntori Whisky: "Toki"

I’ve had some lovely a’bunadh’s, quite enjoy them ‘as is’ but nowt wrong with a wee drop of water if Sir prefers.

My post-new-years drams include Bowmore no.1, Glenfarclas 15yo, a Midleton Very Rare i got as a burpday present, and a Pig’s Nose blend i got free with some plastering supplies.

They’re all highly quaffable, mustn’t grumble!

• Like 2

I’ve had some lovely a’bunadh’s, quite enjoy them ‘as is’ but nowt wrong with a wee drop of water if Sir prefers.

My post-new-years drams include Bowmore no.1, Glenfarclas 15yo, a Midleton Very Rare i got as a burpday present, and a Pig’s Nose blend i got free with some plastering supplies.

They’re all highly quaffable, mustn’t grumble!

Hellyers Road 10 year old single malt from Tasmania - most southerly state of Australia

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hellyers Road 10 year old single malt from Tasmania - most southerly state of Australia

Never seen a Hellyers in the flesh- but i bet their pinot noir finish is tasty!

Never seen a Hellyers in the flesh- but i bet their pinot noir finish is tasty!I prefer the 10 year old - just waiting until they have been in production long enough to release an older casked blend. The pinot one was a bit too

distracting away from the main flavours to me.