Single malt - what are you drinking?

fark me... 1st the Irish reckon they were 1st to make whisky (note there spelling) now the Welsh whom speak like they are wasted 24/7 'Ponterpandy' still whisky.... 

actually have to say, the nabour (over the road and down a bit) is Welsh, her folks just visited and left a bottle, it is good shit I rate it

The Islays draw me in otherwise - Laphroaig or Lagavulin.

Then you have to try Bunnahabhain docc, if you can get hold of it. It is quite different from the other Islay whiskies in some ways but worth sampling.

Then you have to try Bunnahabhain docc, if you can get hold of it. It is quite different from the other Islay whiskies in some ways but worth sampling.

Plus 1 for Bunnahabhain. Bought a bottle from the Scotch shop in Gatwick on the way back to Canada. Lovely stuff!

Denis, I've had a couple single malts that aren't "scotch." The Japanese Yamazaki is very nice, smooth without any bite; reminds me of the Highland Park that classy gentlemen prefer B) . From Oregon, USA, McCarthy's has a bit more of the smokiness I prefer (Even though they threw an "e" into the whisky :o )

I wonder if the Welsh single malt is in the States. How would you describe its character?

Hi docc

Have a search for a chap you reviews whisky on You Tube

Search for Ralfy and Penderyn - he gives a very good description. He also has about 400 on line video reviews of single malts.

Will be sampling Jura this weekend.

In the interests of comparing peated vs non peated , I bought a bottle of Jura Superstition and Glenlivet 12 year old.

I can say that I have enjoyed a sample of both - I actually prefer the less pungent taste of the Glenlivet , which did surprise me. My son is helping me out with this tasting, but he doesn't like the peated whisky.

Jura, Glenlivit... two of my faverets, its odd how we all have different pelets for the Island whiskys, my son at 4 loves the petey whiskys LOL, go figger thought hed spit it out.

Better start marking your bottles, mate!

Having said that, I recently opened a miniture from my colection were I figger the angles had taken more than their shear (50%) and it was farking terable, like dirty water so Im thinking what evaporates is all the good shit.

Good news is someone thought it was scientifically important to recreate the whisky. It's quite nice. (a friend gave me a bottle and I did NOT bury it in the ice for posterity!) :drink: