Single malt - what are you drinking?

Dalwhinnie, Jura, Laphroig, I like a variety.

My favorite seems to be the bottle that is open at my house (or yours if you invite me over).

• Like 1

Variety for me too.

Singleton or to the far end Laphroig

depends on the night,

It does have to be rain and no leaves on the trees for me to walk down the beach in a scotch induced state hunting walrus with a carpenter

The story of Shackelton's Antarctic Expedition Whisky discovery and recreation is worth a read. (and, perhaps, a sampling if you can find it!)

All the better to peruse the story over a dram!

I've almost finished my first bottle of the Shackleton ..... brilliant! Very complex, old fashioned whisky ... not as smooth as Johnny Walker Blue but just as complex! I have a second bottle stashed away for the future .... along with my St. Magdelene 1967 26 yr old.

I like an East Highland in the summer when it's warm weather and I like the Islay's when it cold and wet weather. Old Pultenie is very nice summer scotch - the malt is roasted over coal, not peat so it has a sharper flavour but not too smoky. 

Come winter I'm going to enjoy a new find for me ... a blend of Islay's called Big Peat. It has a fair price and has lots of smoke ... perfect for after a day fishing in the rain or after a hike in the hills.

http://www.bigpeat.co.uk/

The story of Shackelton's Antarctic Expedition Whisky discovery and recreation is worth a read. (and, perhaps, a sampling if you can find it!)

All the better to peruse the story over a dram!

docc, i'll look for this whisky. Sir Ernest Shackleton, now there was the real deal, of all his achievements, he was most proud that  

he never lost a man on any expedition. a real leader....

It is about $150 a bottle  ....... but worth every penny. The bottle comes in a presentaion box wrapped in straw ... as the originals were wrapped in straw also.