that bloody farking front UNI joint?

dangerous

FFS... god damn pissed Iti prick that desigined the acseability of the front Uni joint for servicing, who here with a V11 has sused out how to grease the shit of a thing? after more than a hour today I gave up, compresed the suspension to extending it couldent get at the farking thing... after 50k I think it would apresiat a little grease 

uni.JPG

ace hardware sells a swivel attachment, you set it just the right angle and it fits in, still not easy to hold it on zirk and pumpuing in grease. you need a 3rd hand.

FFS... god damn pissed Iti prick that desigined the acseability of the front Uni joint for servicing, who here with a V11 has sused out how to grease the shit of a thing? after more than a hour today I gave up, compresed the suspension to extending it couldent get at the farking thing... after 50k I think it would apresiat a little grease 

Of course with your rear wheel off the bike, you're only 10-15 minutes away from having the swing arm off and the entire driveshaft removed for inspection, cleaning, and re-greasing.  You can also tend to your swingarm bearings at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

cheers guys, I have a flexie hose and have tried the needel only, im bloody sure I have done it in the past.

Tell me how the shaft is removed people, cant really be buggered with arm removal

The front half of the shaft is only removable from the gearbox output with the swingarm off. Otherwise, with the bike supported and rear wheel off, the bevel box comes off easily by pulling the shaft apart (make sure the reference marks are visible or add some).

With the front u-joint rotated with the Zerk on top, it may be possible to get some grease in it with all the methods posted above combined with cursing and swearing.

And since you've got the cursing and swearing down already, hell, you're halfway there! :grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Only swing arm removal seems to do it with my 2000.

I'm taking my wheels in for new boots this week, so I'll hoik off the arm, spin the bearings to redistribute the grease and then the shaft and U-joints'll get greased.

Only thing is, I'm not sure when to stop: got a load of fly-off on the wheel etc. last time... better than too little I s'pose!

This worked for me without removing the rear wheel or anything else.

I got an adjustable swivel coupler grease tip, removed the tube, spring, and the sliding collar, and ground down the tip (more than expected) until it snapped on. You will need to use both hands.

Get the zerk facing up, grease fitting bent slightly about 30 degrees, and push slowly in until it snaps on.

It seemed like it wouldn't work but it did. Took a few tries to get it, but now it goes on easily.

This tip:

http://store.kvalinc.com/grease-gun-extension-adapter-threaded-8-long-rigid-extension-tube-with-swivel-coupler-p8282.aspx

After modifying:

greasegun.jpg

• Like 1

used a blow torch to heat then bend grease gun attachment, preferably a new one otherwise red hot grease shots out :whistle: , also file the tip a little and slide off bevel box :thumbsup:

DSC00014s.jpg

I used this method without issue on Rosie, the 03 Rosso, and the Mighty Scura. My kid had a 00 greenie, and said he couldn't do it. 

"They said it couldn't be done, so I tackled it with a grin. I couldn't do it, either."  Had to pull the rear drive on it for whatever reason..

• Like 1

And since you've got the cursing and swearing down already, hell, you're halfway there! :grin:

LMFAO... cheers man

Ill read the other replys after I get my to shit bag.. I mean adoring 4 and 5 yr old boys in the sack

This worked for me without removing the rear wheel or anything else.

I got an adjustable swivel coupler grease tip, removed the tube, spring, and the sliding collar, and ground down the tip (more than expected) until it snapped on. You will need to use both hands.

Get the zerk facing up, grease fitting bent slightly about 30 degrees, and push slowly in until it snaps on.

It seemed like it wouldn't work but it did. Took a few tries to get it, but now it goes on easily.

This tip:

http://store.kvalinc.com/grease-gun-extension-adapter-threaded-8-long-rigid-extension-tube-with-swivel-coupler-p8282.aspx

After modifying:

greasegun.jpg

Did something similar, getting it off again was also a 'challenge' with much swearing and despair.  :whistle:

... Did something similar, getting it off again was also a 'challenge' with much swearing and despair.  :whistle:

Be carefull! Zerks are brittle. They snap really easy!

Hubert

Yes, I was afraid of this as well.

I forgot to mention that I didn't adjust the grease fitting all the way tight/closed, but sort of halfway unscrewed. This meant that I needed to hold it onto the zerk with one hand while squeezing the gun with the other, but was able to pull it off without a lot of drama or breakage.