which KAOKO throttle lock?

dl.allen

Does anyone know what KAOKO throttle lock fits the 2004 lemans?

Or if not, does anyone know the inside threaded diameter/size of the handlebar is?

Im seeing lots of options on Twisted Throttle but not specifically for lemans.

Thanks

Does anyone know what KAOKO throttle lock fits the 2004 lemans?

Or if not, does anyone know the inside threaded diameter/size of the handlebar is?

Im seeing lots of options on Twisted Throttle but not specifically for lemans.

Thanks

I don't know why it is so hard to get fitment info on these? I went through the same thing trying to get one for my 2002 CSS, I finally gave up.

• 6 years later...

any update on this by chance?

I use the various "gocruise" devices on my bikes, but rode my other V11 (goldie) yesterday for the first time in a while, the one that has the throttlemeister, and remembered that i subtly prefer that kind of friction lock over others.  Appears throttlemeister has closed their doors, so looking at the kaoko option.  have the kaoko on a ktm, and it works fine for me, so thought i'd give it a go on the V11.

saw a lot of banter about all this here and on wildguzzi.  fwiw, i've got a strangely damaged throttle side shoulder, and i end up spending a lot more time than i should with my hand off the throttle (to relieve the shoulder issue).  Ya, bad habit.. C'est la vie (guerre?).   I used the gocruise and equivalent/other-brand devices like that a ton, including on the red V11 for its Texas-to-oregon trip last fall, and works a charm.  i keep one in my man-bag full time in case i end up somewhere that i can rent a bike when away from the nest.  but they are less ideal for tweaking the throttle just a smidge up or down, as compared to a properly installed throttlemeister.  lots of variables in all that, so as always ymmv, but thats my .02 after using about 5 different gocruise devices, and a good number of throttlemeisters (and some other junky devices i won't mention here) on a slug of different bikes and setups.

I bought this one. I think my throttle sleeve has been shortened a bit from stock, and the rubber grip protrudes enough that I always thought I'd twiddle it a bit to make it perfect, but I have 12k miles on it without twiddling and I'm very happy with it.

Thank you for shopping with us! We hope you'll write about your Kaoko Throttle Lock Cruise Control Suzuki GSX-R600 '96-'18, GSX-R750 '96-'18 & GSX-R1000 '01-'16 (With 16.8mm Handle Bar Inside Diameter) while it's still fresh on your mind.

-P

15 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

I bought this one. I think my throttle sleeve has been shortened a bit from stock, and the rubber grip protrudes enough that I always thought I'd twiddle it a bit to make it perfect, but I have 12k miles on it without twiddling and I'm very happy with it.

Thank you for shopping with us! We hope you'll write about your Kaoko Throttle Lock Cruise Control Suzuki GSX-R600 '96-'18, GSX-R750 '96-'18 & GSX-R1000 '01-'16 (With 16.8mm Handle Bar Inside Diameter) while it's still fresh on your mind.

-P

Thanks P-

kaoko just sent me their form asking me to measure and take pics of all the various handlebar stuff, which i may do, but if you’ve had success with the GSX-R 16.8mm ID model, then that’ll probably short cut the process.  

And before i forget, thought I’d mention that above in this thread (or one of the other threads on this topic) someone mentioned the throttle meister “departing the bike”.  I had the same experience with Goldie, shortly after i bought her from my friend.  Never had an issue with the throttle meister setups over multiple decades, but the throttle side came off enroute to town one day, bounced off the tarmac, and hit my knee, before bouncing into the tangles on side of the road awaiting discovery some day from a paleontology team.  No huge surprise i guess, given that its just a loose bolt on a vibration-prone handlebar, but just goes to emphasize the obvious, that a little loctite (once its adjusted just right) is the way to go. The folks at throttlemeister took mercy on me and sold me a single side bar end unit (1/2 set) for a good discount at that point.

• Like 1