Pilot Road 4 or 4GT (or Angel GT)

Bjor

Been running PR4 GTs on my Mandello for a few thousand miles now and find them very good in both the rain and dry.

Thanks for that feedback.  I wonder what the downside of running the GT on a lighter bike than it's designed for would be?  Probably a slightly harsher ride at least.

The PR3s are still available from lots of sources.  I may go with those as they seem to be a great set of tires.  Also considering Pirelli Angel GTs.

Thanks for that feedback.  I wonder what the downside of running the GT on a lighter bike than it's designed for would be?  Probably a slightly harsher ride at least.

The PR3s are still available from lots of sources.  I may go with those as they seem to be a great set of tires.  Also considering Pirelli Angel GTs.

Most probably you are right regarding the GTs giving you a harsher ride.

There is probably a reason why Michelin came with the PR4 so shortly after having launched the PR3. Some testers were more satisfied with the PR 2 than the PR3...

I have used the PR 4 for almost two seasons now and am very pleased with them. Smooth and comfortable and very reliable regardless of weather conditions.

In my opinion the PR4 is worth the little extra :)

I just switched from Angels to PR4s. The Angels occasionally scared me in the wet...so far the PR4s are awesome. I expect them to be awesome for a long time!

• 4 weeks later...

Have had Angel GTs on my '06 Griso for about 1,000 miles.  So far so good.  Seem to grip nicely, have ridden on wet streets with no noticeable issues (although I'm really careful on wet streets).

• 11 months later...

I'm due for a new set of tires and am thinking about the PR4s. I noticed a number of suppliers don't carry a 170/60 in the standard PR4, only the PR4gt. Our bikes aren't especially light, but I'm not sure they are in the heavy sport touring class that the gt tire is intended for. Anyone have additional thoughts on these tires in the year since the last post?

Dan

I went to Jake Wilson today and noticed the same thing,anyone go to a different profile size or just went to the GT?

Pretty similar to my feelings on the Pirelli Angels. Though I might try the Michelins next tire change. Either way is there a better feeling than fresh rubber?.... Motorcycle wise that is.

I've had Pilot Road 3 and Pirelli Angels on my LeMans, along with a lot of other sport-touring type tires.  Both the Angels and the PR3s worked fine but the Michelins lasted longer for me so I decided to try the PR4s this year.  I went with the 170/60 GT on the rear since I really prefer the 170 width over a 180.   So far I have no complaints.

I've had Pilot Road 3 and Pirelli Angels on my LeMans, along with a lot of other sport-touring type tires.  Both the Angels and the PR3s worked fine but the Michelins lasted longer for me so I decided to try the PR4s this year.  I went with the 170/60 GT on the rear since I really prefer the 170 width over a 180.   So far I have no complaints.

Thanks Tom,I got about 5K on my PR2 rear with very little highway miles and have always been happy with them.OK Jake Wilson unless someone else has a better price.

Almost two years with the PR4 on my Rosso Corsa now, and i'm very pleased. Performs well in all situations and wears out in a nice and even manner.

My son has PR3 on his Scura. They are also good, but the PR4 are better. Worth the price difference...