Yeah! Nothing better to do, we get approx. 6 or so months of winter here, need an indoor hobby! I buy and restore them, also have quite a few modern ones as well, even bought a couple new. Was heavy into Brit bikes and 1940's HD. Cleared that stuff out during a divorce and started anew with Moto Guzzi, nothing else like them. :P: DonG

• Like 1

Gads there are some neat machines amongst the members.

My other bike is a 62 FLH (used to live on it). Built 3 versions throughout the 80's now am looking forward to putting it close to stock configuration.

We have this oddball law in BC that basically leaves your scooter and license in the hands of the law for a time if you go 40km/h over the posted speed limit!

So if your in 5th gear on the Lemans your ass is grass should you be kind enough to pull over for the red and blue lightshow.

The Panhead will be happy enough in stock form to align with local enforcement foolishness (the irony is just too much).

At any rate when I look at the modern bikes and consider hassle free usage I end up wanting the 1200R (2003-2005) Sportster. 

I had high hopes for Polaris when they scooped the Indian name, only to see them produce yet another monster bike (Chief) and now in Cycle World magazine I see the new Scout....... some grade 8 kid made the fenders and hey how original a V twin with a belt drive. Shit, it looks like V-Star.

Maybe I'm a dreamer but why wouldn't a modern bike calling itself an Indian Scout be a 750-900cc Parallel Twin with long suspension travel and shaft or chain drive.

Good news, a 12 over Springer is on sale for half price within 10 miles of me. That onto the Hardtail, work the rake, toss a blockhead into it with a Baker 6 speed, triple chain and ready myself for another endless series of negotiations with Duddley Doorite.

My wifes SV650 is the toughest motorcycle of the bunch and runs on urine, needs nothing but oil changes and tyres and every 20,000k plugs and air filter.

Truly a good bike.

Back to the drawing board.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently picked up a 2011 Stelvio 4v

Great bike, but nowhere near as exciting or as fast as the LeMans. I got a 2000 DR650 the next day. I'm almost all set...lol. Wouldn't mind a V7 to make a scrambler with. 

Hey Don G, can I come visit some time and check out all those Guzzis? Sounds like it would be worth the ride from BC.

1929 BSA Sloper

1971 Ducati 350 Scrambler

1972 Puch 175 Enduro

1973 Puch 125 MC

1974 BMW R90 ..... custom

1974 Laverda SFC

1978 KZ 750B ..... track bike

1985 Cagiva 650 Elefant

1998 Moto Guzzi Centauro .... custom

2000 Ducati Monster

2001 Moto Guzzi V11 Rosso Mandello

2004 MGS-01 Corsa

2005 Ducati 749 ..... track bike

2005 Ducati 749S ... track bike

2005 Ducati 999 ..... off road bike 

Might have missed a couple ..... 

Did I mention I hate Jim? :grin:

Fourth from the bottom kills me,.. :P:

04 Ducat ST4s

1995 Triumph Speed Triple

2002 Honda VFR ABS(For sale)

1993 Honda ST1100

2002 Honda CB 900(For sale)

1997 Honda CBR1100XX(For sale,in Scotland near Kilmarnock)

• Like 1

Motrhead: No problem, I am working on getting them all under one roof! That Helicopter Jim dude wanted to see the collection too, hopefuly we can start a Guzzi get together out on the bald arse praries sometime next summer, what would be the interest in that I wonder? DonG :mellow:

• Like 1

Motrhead: No problem, I am working on getting them all under one roof! That Helicopter Jim dude wanted to see the collection too, hopefuly we can start a Guzzi get together out on the bald arse praries sometime next summer, what would be the interest in that I wonder? DonG :mellow:

I'll show you mine if you show me yours .....!!

• 2 weeks later...

If you build it, I will come...LOL

• 3 weeks later...

2005 Husqvarna TE510 - photo taken today near Flagstaff, AZ

1973 Honda CB350-Four. My first bike was a 1972 - who says you can't go back.

Here's something interesting about the Scura and the Husky:

Moto Guzzi = Italian marque with Swedish (Ohlins) suspension

Husqvarna = Swedish marque with Italian (Marzocchi) suspension. Although Husqvarna was Italian-owned at time of manufacture (by MV).

http://IMG_2326.jpg

http://IMG_1389.jpg

• 2 weeks later...