Nice GB Docc!

I have had many a CB of all sizes from the 70's heydey.  Always lusted after the GB, must be the best looking "classic" bike honda has ever built.

For me, I am down to a one bike right now.  My new to me 03 V11 Sport, hoping to add a Thruxton R next January when I can pick up a leftover 18 for a good deal.

The GB has been a joy. I bought it new in '92 (after it had languished for two years).  With almost 50,000 miles, she has been a good and faithful companion!

Sorry about the really large pictures. :o   The Norge for two up touring.  One of the best touring bikes I've ever owned, all day comfort and enough luggage space for the wife.

3nesUQE.jpg

And when I'm feeling rambunctious, the 1290 Superduke does the trick, real light and gobs of torque. Real fun bike to ride!

8odkHve.jpg

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

2016 Norton Commando 961 Sport MK II.  

Picked this up in San Diego at GP Motorcycles used with 64 miles on it.  Has almost 1,000 miles on it now and it has been fun getting to know this bike.  Has its quirks but overall I don't regret this purchase.  I've been neglecting the V11 for the past several months with this beauty getting all my attention.  Sounds amazing!  Build quality is impeccable.  Looks even prettier in person.

18479612-orig.jpg

18497331-orig.jpg

18497332-orig.jpg

• Like 5

Great bike. I saw those down at GP when they were new. Absolutely stunning in person.

...and do my eyes deceive me or does that Norton use the same clutch slave cylinder as our V11s?

Great bike. I saw those down at GP when they were new. Absolutely stunning in person.

...and do my eyes deceive me or does that Norton use the same clutch slave cylinder as our V11s?

Sure looks similar. That would be good news for us.

I seem to recall the later Guzzi Sport etc slave cylinder looks the same, but has dimensional differences.

Sweet Britbike, plexiform! :thumbsup:

Look similar but different manufacturers:  Brembo on the Norton.  Grimeca on the Guzzi.  

Well, dang! Maybe we can find a Brembo clutch slave in V11 dimensions . . . hmmm . . .

I just bought this thing back in late July. It might make some here throw up in your mouth a little but I love it. The thing has about as much torque as my car. With the pipes it sounds like an 80s Porsche Turbo (even has that slight wind and airbox noise) . It even handles being 750lbs. It even has a single sided swing arm though being a cruiser. And no, it will not transform into a robot and kill you...

20180808_165558_zps6q4m39kp.jpg

I would love to see Honda bring back the naked Goldwing.  One of my favorite bikes was my 78 GL1000.  An updated version of this with a massive 6cylinder engine would be one badass machine.

14787592-orig.jpg

• Like 2

I just bought this thing back in late July. It might make some here throw up in your mouth a little but I love it. The thing has about as much torque as my car. With the pipes it sounds like an 80s Porsche Turbo (even has that slight wind and airbox noise) . It even handles being 750lbs. It even has a single sided swing arm though being a cruiser. And no, it will not transform into a robot and kill you...ttp://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/roxyrue1/20180808_165558_zps6q4m39kp.jpg

Are you sure?

rps20180924_102250.jpg

• Like 1