Looking at these lists, there seems to be a lot of duplication with people owning 2 or more similar bikes.

In Australia, we pay registration / personal injury insurance of about $350 per vehicle per year, plus voluntary property / crash insurance ( another $300 plus) - ie I own 3 bikes , 2 cars , a boat with trailer and another box trailer, so that's 8 lots or registration / insurance. ( I don't want to add it up...)

Every year I look at my vehicle shed and wonder why I sold my africa twin....plus I keep scouring the classifieds dreaming of a nice ntx750 .

Maybe we should start a Scouring Thread. Your Dream Bike Next . . .

Yesterday, I've owned my Honda GB500 22 years since new (48,680 miles/78.500 km) First motorcycle!  And tomorrow: the V11 Sport since new 14 years (90,860 miles/146.500 km).

DSCN0185.JPG

You mean the GB was your first two wheel experience ? What in the world inspired you to get it ? Those things never sold well and now they are sacred ?

This is all my older brother's fault! He would let me takes spins on his Yamaha SR500 "Eeyore." When the time came to bring something of my own home, he took me around to look at proper "entry bikes:" Yamaha Seca 600, Honda Hawk GT, and the GB. I found the GB about an hour from here having languished in a little country shop for two years. The over-$4000 price had given way to less than 2500. It's probably worth twice that now even with the miles. :)

She is an absolute sweetheart. :wub:

0801131333.jpg

Wow, there are some very cool bikes in this thread!

Besides my 03 LeMans, I have a '77 Harley XLCR Cafe Racer,a bunch of Yamahas ( FZ750, RZ350F2, two XS650s,'84 XJ750, XJ 550, XT350, XT550, IT400)  a few Hondas  (two GL1100, GL650 Silverwing), a DR650, and a bunch more dirt bikes and projects.

I have picked up most of the bikes I drooled over as a teen and young adult, but I would still like a CBX (and maybe a V-Max, FJ1200, Jota, and a CX or Seca turbo bike to complete the collection. LOL).,,then maybe I could start looking for an RSV Mille and a Quota. So many interesting bikes out there, so little time...especially now that I only want to ride the Guzzi on the highways and the Harley around town. Everything else is collecting dust! I can see a few bikes moving on to new owners eventually (the Secas and the Hondas) to make room for the tastier ones. My friends tell me I am a borderline hoarder, but what do they know when they only own two bikes?

2002 Guzzi V11 Le mans.

2005 Ducati Multistrada 1000ds.

2006 Triumph Speed Triple. 

1995 Ducati 916.

1966 Ducati Monza Jr.

1979 Vespa P200e

And a few more in parts....If I could figure how to post pix I would.

By the way...the Guzzi holds its own well. Love that bike more and more. The 916 is my favorite though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

At the risk of being called a Horder again and having an intervention, I will say that other than the 21 Guzzis I posess, I do have an 1967 BSA Lightning and a Triumph Tina T10 scooter. DonG :whistle: