Need new tires for the Rossa Corsa

bikelee

Last time I tried to get more mileage out my tire choice, I went too hard and lost traction at a bad time.

I'd rather change my tires with the oil than try to get a couple hundred extra miles on iffy grip.

The Pirelli Angel GT are serving me well. Anxious to hear back from the guys that are trying the Michelin Pilot Road GT.

• 6 months later...

My Angel GTs are performing well, but for some reason the rear is wearing down faster than the front.  :huh2:

A Cycle Gear catalog showed up today with a sale on Bridgestone BT-016 Pro:  a 120/70ZR-17 paired with a 180/55ZR-17.  $180 for both tires (after $40 rebate available only during March).

These are described as a sport tire that borders on sport-touring. So probably a little stickier (and faster wearing) than the Angels.

Has anybody run these on a V11?

My Angel GTs are performing well, but for some reason the rear is wearing down faster than the front. :huh2:

A Cycle Gear catalog showed up today with a sale on Bridgestone BT-016 Pro: a 120/70ZR-17 paired with a 180/55ZR-17. $180 for both tires (after $40 rebate available only during March).

These are described as a sport tire that borders on sport-touring. So probably a little stickier (and faster wearing) than the Angels.

Has anybody run these on a V11?

Scud, the BT016's were what came stock on my 06 GSXR1000. They were great on that bike on the street--offered great traction and longevity. They were not so good on the track, going "away" after only a few laps--but they weren't designed as a race tire. I'd imagine they'd be great on a V11.

A few weeks ago I picked up a set of the Michelin Pilot Power 3s and I gotta say they are nice.  Cant speak to the longevity but the reviews say they last.  Revzilla has the best price but the local Cycle Gear matched it. 

I'm running Avons right now and like them a lot. If you want go to Raymertown garage on rt 7 just north of Troy and Tommy Grant will fix you up. Old school rider who knows his stuff and sells a ton of Avon tires.