Need Tips on Visit to Mandello Del Lario (Guzzi Home)

GuzziYang

Hi all,

Short noticed but I'm going to Italy for cruise next week and plan to visit Lake Como and hopefully Mandello Del Lario to see Guzzi's factory afterwards.  I went to the Italina Guzzi site and just realized the Guzzi Museum is close during August as August is like the vacation month for Italians.   I never been there so for all who been there or live on the continent, would I be able to see anything beside the front door of Guzzi factory?  Do they let visitor a short tour of the factory?  If appointment is required where or who should the contact person be?

Worse case, I just go take photo in front of Guzzi's front gate and check off on the bucket list but hope to see more while I'm there.  Any suggestions is appreciated.

We went earlier in the year so the factory was working but all that was on offer was a one hour look around the museum at about 4pm, so you may be out of luck in August, also in Mandello is Agostinis shop so that's worth a visit.

Fark that be cool... but yeah odd hours, Id be camping at there front door till they let me in, I have a video that a mate took there awesome as... he wandered into the factory through a open door and they yelled all kinds a babble at him LOL

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nice pics, love the sculpture.

wonder if he got in?

Factory has some history, look at overhead photos from the original 1921 effort and the mid 30's. Massive growth! Despite a recession.

il Duce was headed north to escape to Germany as the allies were coming up through Italy from the south. He and his mistress were grabbed in N. Italy by the Partisans and taken and held in a factory beside Lake Como then shot outside its walls. Later they were hung upside down in Milan for ridicule. Anyway there was only one factory beside L. Como. Our bikes come from it. Just a small piece of time. Its a lot more than a motorcycle obviously, its the people.

Dad took my grandmother on a ride from Scotland to Italy, she was 83- the bike a 71 Ambo. Now and then he can remember the name of the old man in the plant. A group of N. European tourists on bikes wanted a tour- "factory closed!" they were sent away. The old guy took dad and his mom thru the place, this was in the late 70s.  Its still the people.

An experienced motorcycle will take you places.