guzzidiag maps.

czakky

In my constant tinkering I believe I might've done something wrong...... Again.

I've got myself the guzzidiag software and have been making minor adjustments here and there, mostly CO stuff. But after a whole lot of research I finally decided to "play" with the ignition map. All I did was change a couple of values a degree or so, all of them past 3500 RPM or higher. So now I used the "writer" program to upload my slightly changed map and now the bike doesn't even idle. :huh2:

I used a bin file to upload.

Received an XDF file from the guzzidiag team.

Any help is appreciated bike was running real good until now.

Yea Haydn I am going off the original, but it's starting extremely hard won't idle then it will struggle hard through the rev range. I think I only changed a couple values in the ignition map but maybe the wife's cat decided to walk on the keyboard. :glare: 

Basically I just need a map to compare to mine so I can see what I/Ozzy did to mess it up.

I have the same exact issue at startup. I retarded the timing a bit above 4k at heavy throttle and changed the cold start map to 2000 revolutions. My bike is hard to start, and once it starts, it runs rough for a bit (very lean on my AFR meter). After about 30 seconds, the bike runs fine. I reloaded the same map, and new versions of it several times, and still the same issue.

I have a spare ECU I bought from a member here, and if I put that in, the bike fires right up and runs great.

Ken

Moto fugazzi had sent me his stock map and after comparing it with mine I see no glaring issues....

I have a spare ECU I bought from a member here, and if I put that in, the bike fires right up and runs great.

Ken

Hmmm very interesting, maybe there is an issue with the ECU after plugging into it?

After comparing maps w/Moto Fugazzi it seems like our maps are virtually identical. Except "Start Enrichment Map B" and the main fuel map at 4.2% throttle for some reason...

I have used this "Yamaha Ring Free Plus" product on a shock treatment (2 oz. per gallon I believe) to help clean up some of my carbon build up in the combustion chamber. Which it did a great job of! But after three clean tanks, meaning no "ring free" I am still having this problem of very rough running for about 5-7 mins. Everything I have read about this Ring Free product has said that when doing the shock treatment that your engine will run rough, spew black smoke, blah blah blah. Which my bike is but after three tanks and relatively clean combustion chamber it seems to still be doing this.

The product itself is almost a brake fluid like consistency and when I poured a little into a clear glass jar full of petrol it seemed to immediately sink to the bottom. But overnight it looked like it was well mixed in the gas. So it doesn't seem likely that after three tanks I could have any of this product left but it sure is behaving like it is.

Unfortunately I downloaded my slightly varied map into the ECU at the same time I added this product (time is tight these days) so I don't know where this trouble started.

What do you guys think, could a cold start map that isn't right make my bike blow smoke and run like garbage this bad while warming up?

And could someone shine some light on what "Start Map B" is all about?

Thanks guys

Have you balanced your TB's after the treatment? There's a chance the Yamaha cleaner may have cleaned out your TB's so well that they are now out of balance. If they were balanced with one of them being partially clogged, then that could be the issue. It's a long shot, but worth checking.

Ken

Maybe some of that stuff is still on what's left of the carbon? There might be a fair amount of carbon on the valve stems that's still burning off. You probably have 10+ years of carbon build up.

I'd get the engine good and hot and run at higher RPM's for a bit, and bring it up to redline a few times. I thought I also read somewhere that you should change your oil after running Yamaha's treatment. 

Ken

After running through the first tank i thought i had all the ring free run through high rpm like you said. Then did a full oil change. Oh well!

Yeah i cant see the valves through the spark plug hole, but damn three tanks...

Rebalanced TB's as I am starting to get a little bummed about this bike and running out of ideas. They were pretty far out at idle like three + inches of mercury at idle....? Then my damn mercury sticks fell and shattered. So your theory might have to wait a day or two Ken.