guzzidiag maps.

czakky

I wonder if a piece of carbon broke loose and is now stuck to a valve edge, not allowing the valve to close completely? A leakdown test would determine that.

Or, maybe a treatment of Chevron Techron would clean up the rest of it and get rid of the black smoke. It cleared the carbon out of my system.

Hope this helps,

Ken

I am thinking I'm just too rich on start up. Pulling like a freight train when warm. What is causing it to all of a sudden get so rich on start up i have no clue. I wrote another map which is backing off the start map all over.

Sorry I've been halted by a wee little high-side... Kinda bummed, bike's inoperable at the moment. More details and pics in a later thread (the V11 and me are both still running great)

But, what i did find was lowering everything by a value of 10 in the start enrichment map gave me awesome cold start manners until out of nowhere for a bout 30-45 seconds it would just start acting erratic as hell. Then seemingly switch to normal map and continue running great. There is a huge rise in the value on the start enrich map at the "end"...? Of the map. That part is still confusing to me but I was/am planning on even-ing out the whole map out as it seems to get way too rich.

Interestingly enough, I tried adding 3 to each fuel cell of the warm up map on my V7C, and it wouldn't start after that. I sent my map to Paul, and he said other maps were altered as well (which I didn't change). He told me to make sure I was using the latest XDF. I was also on Tunerpro's website, and they have had several updates since I downloaded the program last year, and many of those were bug fixes.

I'm going to download the latest Tunerpro and XDF and start fresh. I've also been using Windows XP on my old laptop, and I wonder if that could be an issue as well. I report back later when I can get this done.

Ken

I downloaded the current XDF and the newest version of Tunerpro and installed a modified map Thursday night. 3 cold starts so far, and the bike fires right up, just like it does with the stock ECU installed. So far, so good...

I did make sure my LED lights were off during the new map being loaded, as they seem to affect the voltage in a weird way. I also read that some HID lights do the same.

Ken

wonder why it seemingly only affected the cold start map??

How did you obtain this new XDF?

No idea why it only affected the cold start map-it's most curious. I also fully charged the battery before uploading. I know my dealer always connects a battery tender to my bike when he connects with Axone or P.A.D.S as he said the battery drains fairly quickly when using these.

The new XDF can be obtained from the Guzzidiag site. It's towards the bottom (V2.28, and don't get the old Quota one by mistake). http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

Ken

p.s. Also keep in mind that if you're getting pinging at 60% throttle, you'll have to go as low as the 36.8 column for retarding the timing.

Yeah, that is the XDF I have/had V2.28....

I'll be working on my ignition timing a little more when I get her back on the road... Soon hopefully.

I'm thinking of just running a flat cold start map for now and see how that works, because what i did discover after backing down the values was that toward the end of the cold start map I was having some really bad fueling which may or may not have contributed to my fall.

FWIW, I installed a new map on Sunday, and the bike was hard to start, but I did have a partially drained battery. I put the battery tender on it last night, and left it plugged in while I reinstalled the map, and the bike fired right up.

Not sure if you're having fueling issues, or if the map isn't loading properly due to a low battery, but you may want to look into that first before you start changing your map too much.

Also, check for any faults with GD, as bad sensors will cause the bike to run rich.

Ken

I had checked the faults w/ GD came up good. My battery is a relatively new Odyssey with a healthy charging system. I will still try reloading my map though (bad connection at the alligator clips?).

I feel like for some strange reason my cold start got screwed up.

I have a newer odyssey battery as well, but try it with a fully charged battery-it worked for me. Think about it, you have a 55w headlight on when you write a new map. That's quite a draw, plus the other electronics that are on when you turn on the ignition switch.

A fully charged battery with the tender on it when I uploaded my new maps eliminated my cold start issues, and that's with the same base map that I sent to you.

Hope this helps, and keep me posted.

Ken

I have a newer odyssey battery as well, but try it with a fully charged battery-it worked for me. Think about it, you have a 55w headlight on when you write a new map. That's quite a draw, plus the other electronics that are on when you turn on the ignition switch.

A fully charged battery with the tender on it when I uploaded my new maps eliminated my cold start issues, and that's with the same base map that I sent to you.

Hope this helps, and keep me posted.

Ken